Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

113,943 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
Strangely Attractive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder how much playing time Ramsey gets at Juventus and if there's any way we could convince him to stay...
chjoak
AG
Not sure what kind of legal sheet he may get into if he tries to break the deal he signed with them. Plus at this point I'd imagine he would bend us over a barrel if we asked him to stay.

Honestly I think we can find a replacement. Ramsey does some great stuff but he doesn't track back like a true #8 should and he doesn't have the creativity of a true #10.

Go snag Pablo Fornals. He is younger and is said to have a 20-22m Euro release clause. From what I have read and seen of him, he is both more creative and naturally defensive than Ramsey.

Or get Fornals to replace Ozil and get a young guy like Nkunku to partner with Duezy as a 2nd CM pair.
gougler08
AG
If both us and Chelsea win out, we finish 3 points ahead of them since we have a game in hand
chjoak
AG
gougler08 said:

If both us and Chelsea win out, we finish 3 points ahead of them since we have a game in hand
your right. fixed.
texagbeliever
I've said it before Ramsey is very talented but doesnt play a position. It makes our performances hot and cold. Sometimes he finds space and converts; other times he doesn't and arsenal cant possess the ball.

I want us to look for a Silva (either one really) or debruyne style of player. Obviously not at those guys level but that type of player.
chjoak
AG
Agree and I think you could get that with Fornals
Strangely Attractive
AG
Ok, I could be convinced by a player like Fornals. Thoughts on successful summer acquisitions with no technical director? Any rumors on who that might be? Haven't heard much after missing out on Monchi and Overmars.
chjoak
AG
Who do you think did the acquisitions last summer? Sven was the head scout. He wasn't responsible for buying anyone. He left because he was not considered for tech/sporting director. I've heard that he wasn't considered because he can be very difficult to work with.
Strangely Attractive
AG
I know that, I'm just concerned that with a vacancy at Technical Director and Head of Scouting, we might not maximize the signings, when I feel we have a lot of needs to fill. Having said that, I think we will fill positions relatively soon.
wangus12
AG
PJYoung
AG

He yelled at Emery as he went off saying Torreira is a ****ing *****.

TXAggie2011
AG
chjoak said:

PJ said it well. We have a mental toughness issue. Team needs 1-2 on the field coaches to ride their ass to stay on task. Instead we have guys like Ozil that come on at half and lazily loaf around and that mentality rubs off of the others.

We have guys that work hard (Kos) but they are not vocal leaders. We need some vocal guys to get guys pumped up.
There's so many sports fan clichs in this, its great
wangus12
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

chjoak said:

PJ said it well. We have a mental toughness issue. Team needs 1-2 on the field coaches to ride their ass to stay on task. Instead we have guys like Ozil that come on at half and lazily loaf around and that mentality rubs off of the others.

We have guys that work hard (Kos) but they are not vocal leaders. We need some vocal guys to get guys pumped up.
There's so many sports fan clichs in this, its great
What is Ryan Swope doing these days. Probably would make a good winger
wangus12
AG
Also. I refuse to let Jenko go

texagbeliever
That ending to champions league for Manu and spurs might just kill some of their spirit in the EPL.
OregonAggie
AG
texagbeliever said:

That ending to champions league for Manu and spurs might just kill some of their spirit in the EPL.

Well Spurs just moved on...
texagbeliever
OregonAggie said:

texagbeliever said:

Well Spurs just moved on...

That is why you dont turn off the feed early. I missed aguero called offsides. Wow what a let down for city.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Man I had spuds moving on via away goals. I hate that rule in general.
OregonAggie
AG
That's one of the craziest games I've ever seen. The joy then despair of the offsides call due to VAR was amazing.
Strangely Attractive
AG
It was amazing, and I have to say I look forward to VAR coming to the EPL next year. So many bad calls every week will be corrected.
wangus12
AG
Huge match today. Hope the lads are ready because Napoli is going to be going all out and they have an incredible atmosphere. We really need a massive performance and hopefully we can sneak an early goal.
PJYoung
AG
Hope we show up.
wangus12
AG
PJYoung
AG
wangus12 said:

All systems go. Score one early and put this to bed.
gougler08
AG
Glad we aren't going to just bunker, would have probably been disastrous (this might not work either, but best available tactics)
OneBlitzer
AG
Nervy hour remaining. Napoli threatening. Arsenal needs to put something on net.
wangus12
AG
**** that might be the end of Rambo at Arsenal. Hope he is ok soon
OneBlitzer
AG
Just like that Laca!
wangus12
AG
LACA!!!!!!!!!!
PJYoung
AG
Well I feel better.
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

**** that might be the end of Rambo at Arsenal. Hope he is ok soon
gougler08
AG
Also, red shorts?
wangus12
AG
I know we did it once in the group stage, but I hate the look.
wangus12
AG
Solid management of the 3rd quarter. Onto the 4th
gougler08
AG
This is going much better than expected

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.