Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

113,935 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
OneBlitzer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Excellent match! Koscielny and Sokratis were solid in the middle of the back line. Pleased with everyone's intensity and effort. Well done.
gougler08
AG
Keeps Top 4 chances alive as well
wangus12
AG
Good win. Need Maitland-Niles to really fill Bellerin's spot for the rest of the season
agdoc2001
AG
gougler08 said:

This especially. Top 4 is basically over if we go 9 points behind Chelsea. Still a glimmer of hope.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gougler08
AG
agdoc2001 said:

gougler08 said:

This especially. Top 4 is basically over if we go 9 points behind Chelsea. Still a glimmer of hope.

Only 3 points out so more than a glimmer...but Man U playing well does complicate things a bit
OregonAggie
AG
Unbelievably big win Gunners. Good luck to y'all with the march towards the top 4!

YNWA!
TXAggie2011
AG
That was delicious
texagbeliever
Spots 3-6 will be close. The Spuds don't have a healthy forward, Chelsea play one way (higuian could be a big boost), Man U is on fire (hopefully the luster wears out and teams figure out the tactics), and Arsenal is a triage unit of a backline.
wangus12
AG
Official: Sven Mislintat is leaving at the end of the month.
chjoak
AG
Just a thought on Sven... think maybe he could be a pain the ass to work with? Left Dortmund after a blowout with Tuchel, despite the fact that Tuchel got the axe first. Came to Arsenal and now he is bailing in 1 yr. I realize we may not be the best run organization but something seems off with this guy as well.

Also, I mentioned it before (and maybe my expectations where too high) but I don't see how he did anything special for us. Saw all the things he did for Dortmund, all the gems he found. He comes here and all we get are former Dortmund players?
chjoak
AG
Hearing 4 names popup as possibilities to replace Sven as the Technical Director / Director of Football...

Edu - former Arsenal MF. Rumored to be 1st choice. Also rumors that he may have already turned us down.
Monchi - current director at Roma. Worked with Emery at Sevilla.
Overmars - former Arsenal MF. Current director at Ajax. Rumored to be a candidate back when Sven was hired.
Cagigao - Barca guy that identified Cesc, Lauren & Bellerin as youth players.

chjoak
AG
Of those options, I really want Monchi. His track record of identifying young players and finding cheap deals for very talented players is insane. He is used to working with a tight budget and is very familiar with Emery.
eiggA2002
AG
Get Monchi. Getting to see them last season in the CL made me impressed with the way the put a team together. Some good young guys there too. Did he negotiate the Salah sale?
chjoak
AG
Ornstein making claims that we are looking to finalize 2 loans before the deadline. If linked players are any indication it looks like we may be after Suarez plus an attacker (AM or WF)
wangus12
AG
I'd like Monchi as well, but hearing that Cagigao is more or less the front runner.

Bellerin with a ruptured ACL. My assumption is AMN fills that void. I'd really prefer we don't rely on Lichtsteiner too much. I'd almost consider Jenko ahead of him solely based on mobility.
chjoak
AG
I think Emery addressed Bellerin and said that he had no intention of buying a new RB/RWB this window. Believe he specifically named AMN his replacement for the season.

Based on the players linked and Kos having a strong come back, I have a feeling we do not address the DF at all this window. I also think we start seeing a good deal more 4 man back line, running either 4-2-2-2 (like against Chelsea) or 4-2-3-1 (like we started the season).
chjoak
AG
Doing a bit of research and just realized that Cagigao is a former Arsenal youth player and scout. He has never worked for Barca. He found Cesc, Bellerin & Lauren for us. My bad. Made assumptions in my prior post. His name makes much more sense to me now.
chjoak
AG
Rumor this morning is that we will go ahead and sell Ramsey to Juventus this window for 10m GBP if we finalize both of our target loans in time.
wangus12
AG

You just know Ozil was hunting down Emery as payback for dropping him
wangus12
AG
Apparently the Denis talks have broken down. We also sent Emi Martinez out on loan to Reading
agdoc2001
AG
Danny Devito is a gooner.

https://myarsenalblog.com/danny-devito-is-an-arsenal-fan-folks/18492
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
Rumors today...

- Juventus are growing more desperate to get Ramsey immediately, though the 20m asking price is still too much. There are claims that they intend to use Benatia or Emil Audero (GK we have recently been linked with) as player swap options. Benatia is looking more likely as he wants out of Juventus.

- Being linked with Real Betis DF Aissa Mandi, whom can play CB, LB, RB & DM. Based on reports I think this is highly unlikely as he has a 27m release clause and Betis has been reluctant to sell below that figure.

- We attempted to loan Bailly from ManU and were rejected.

- Mixed reports on Suarez. Some say everything is moving forward, others say everything has broken down. Barca just brought in Kevin-Prince Boateng this window (Suarez replacement?) and has purchase de Jong from Ajax to join the club in the summer. This seems to be posturing from Barca that want us to have an obligation to buy rather than option to buy.
Visor Guy
AG
Anyone know of a bar in Houston airing the FA Cup match on Friday?
wangus12
AG
The Arsenal Supporters Club in Houston meet at Jack & Ginger's near downtown
gougler08
AG
What channel will it be on? I couldn't find FA cup last time around outside of the streaming option
chjoak
AG
Looks like we are now trying for a loan to buy for Christopher Nkunku from PSG.
agdoc2001
AG
Visor Guy said:

Anyone know of a bar in Houston airing the FA Cup match on Friday?

Well look who's following Arsenal again.
gougler08
AG
I forgot we drew Man U, guess I need to watch tomorrow
TXAggie2011
AG
wangus12 said:

Does Richmond Arms or whatever still house an Arsenal group?

Have we decided this will be on tv at a Houston bar? I'll be in town
gougler08
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

wangus12 said:

Does Richmond Arms or whatever still house an Arsenal group?

Have we decided this will be on tv at a Houston bar? I'll be in town

Looks like it's on ESPN+ so I would assume sports bars would have it
wangus12
AG
Big match tonight. Be good to knock them out of the Cup. Hopefully we won't have to deal with the thug tactics Mourinho employed which injured two players at Old Trafford and pretty much destroyed out confidence.
wangus12
AG
I dig it.

gougler08
AG
I guess Monreal isn't fit enough to start? Other than that, strong lineup
gougler08
AG
Sokratis may have done an ankle or knee
OneBlitzer
AG
Sokratis tweaked his ankle. Has been playing really well. Mustafi coming on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.