Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

113,984 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OneBlitzer said:

Arsenal draw Man U at the Emirates in 4th round of FA Cup the weekend of Jan 25th.
wangus12
AG
Of course we did lol.
wangus12
AG
Its pretty much official. Rambo to Juventus. It just baffles me that teams like Juventus and Bayern want his signature and we could care less.
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

Its pretty much official. Rambo to Juventus. It just baffles me that teams like Juventus and Bayern want his signature and we could care less.

Yeah I don't like it, but if it frees up cash to sign a defender then it could be a net gain

Now if ****stick Kroenke actually uses the money to buy someone, that's a different story
chjoak
AG
I've seen a couple reports that we have agreed personal terms with Suarez
agdoc2001
AG
chjoak said:

I've seen a couple reports that we have agreed personal terms with Suarez

Luis? Awesome, that should really add some potency to our................wait, Denis Suarez? Oh.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Emery is quoted as saying Arsenal unable to send in the transfer window and can only perform loans. F*** Kroenke .
chjoak
AG
Seeing a couple reports that Milan is interested in Miki and that we may be willing to sell in order to finance our other desired deals.

I like Miki but given his age, wages & form this season, I wouldn't be too choked up about this move assuming it is legitimate.
agdoc2001
AG
chjoak said:

Seeing a couple reports that Milan is interested in Miki and that we may be willing to sell in order to finance our other desired deals.

I like Miki but given his age, wages & form this season, I wouldn't be too choked up about this move assuming it is legitimate.
Agree. He's on 200k a week. He gotta go.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
Seeing reports that we have made contact with Yacine Brahimi over a potential FA signing this summer.
chjoak
AG
RE: Ramsey... seeing reports that he has agreed terms with Juventus but not yet signed the contract. Juventus would prefer to have him now but balked at request for 20m to get him in Jan. The report claims we are trying to shop him to PSG, Barca & Bayern in an attempt to get something out of him and give us some transfer funds for the window.
wangus12
AG
wangus12
AG
No idea why Ozil isn't in the squad, but he apparently practiced all week. He should at least be on the bench. I'm sure there is something going on behind the scenes with Emery, but the midfield above really lacks creativity. Might as well play Ozil because trying to offload him with his wages is going to be damn near impossible
texagbeliever
Nice to see Monreal and Bellerin in the squad. I yearn for the day when Lichtsteiner isn't.

I dont know that I'd want ozil vs west ham really. I doubt they bunker in too deep and think we have guys that will have chances. That said he'd be a better bench option than what we got.
OneBlitzer
AG
Lacazette and Aubameyang
wangus12
AG
Kolasinac always tries to cut back and sometimes he should just hammer it
OneBlitzer
AG
Aubameyang has been quiet. I except he'll score 1 minute after I post this.
gougler08
AG
Pretty meh last 20 minutes
wangus12
AG
Pretty being dominated by West Ham right now.

OneBlitzer
AG
Not been a first half club so things should look more promising in the second half.
OneBlitzer
AG
Crap. Down 1 nil. Gonna be tough to get three points.
wangus12
AG
So much for 2nd half FC
gougler08
AG
That header from Xhaka was awful
texagbeliever
Well they didn't really care if they won today and it looks like we arent good enough to win without the effort.
gougler08
AG
We at end up 6th this year
OneBlitzer
AG
Crappy match from Arsenal. Last four weeks in all competitions have been poor (3W 4L 1D).
wangus12
AG
No creativity. Its the same move going forward every time. Play it wide to the WB and then try and tap in the cutback from the byline. We refuse to start our our 2 best midfielders. 1 of them is leaving for free in the summer because we pulled his contract and the other is being sidelined for unknown reasons. We look worse right now than we did with Wenger at this point last year
agdoc2001
AG
Unfortunately that decent run of form to start the season and unbeaten streak were an anomaly. The last 6 games appears to be this team's true identity and level. No help coming in January, so just for fun, here's the current status on expiring contracts:

Free agents this summer:
Ramsey, Welbeck, Nacho, Lichtsteiner, Cech

1 year left (so need to be sold or sign a new deal):
Elneny, Koscielney, Jenks

Must be sold:
Ozil, Miki, Mustafi

So we are probably looking at 11 of our 25 first team players going out this summer.

We can only hope that no January signings means that we're "keeping our powder dry" for some business in the summer, and not because Kroenke is happy with mid-table collateral for the Ram's new stadium.

I hope you're happy, Kroenke. You've driven me to rooting for the cowboys today.
AggieRob93
AG
Crap result from crap effort, both on the pitch and on the touchline. Ugh.
chjoak
AG
Option was picked up in Nacho's contract so he doesn't expire this summer.
texagbeliever
Only thing I might say in defense of the recent form is injuries plus busy winter schedule got Emery away from playing the same style. West Ham had all day on the ball and there were maybe 2 dangerous interceptions in west hams half.

We had no right back, no back up winger and no backup striker
agdoc2001
AG
chjoak said:

Option was picked up in Nacho's contract so he doesn't expire this summer.
Thanks, didn't have it updated on the contract site I was looking at. That still puts him on the second part of the list though so I imagine he will be still be sold this summer.
wangus12
AG
What frustrates me even more with Kroenke and the Rams is that he is investing to build that program when the overall return is nowhere close to what it would be if you had a top tier Arsenal side. The Rams will never have some massive following while Arsenal has one of the biggest worldwide fanbases.
wangus12
AG
chjoak
AG
ESPN UK is running with a story claiming Emery wants to sell Ozil in Jan to free up wage budget and generate some transfer cash. Also claim Denis Suarez should be finalized next week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.