Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

114,058 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well take this with a grain of salt, but we may be ****ed.

gougler08
AG
Even if it's not true, **** Kroenke
texagbeliever
Well Fulham is just what Arsenal needed.
wangus12
AG
Blatant foul on Torriera in the build up to that goal. Even still, our defense is such trash
wangus12
AG
Why the **** are we taking off Lacazetta again. This is getting ridiculous
wangus12
AG
There we go Rambo!
wangus12
AG
I'll take the 3 points. Please god stop playing 3 defensive midfielders against teams. It obviously doesn't help our D
gougler08
AG
Plan just has to be to score 3+ a game at this point right? We know we're going to give up at least one each game
chjoak
AG
I'm not expecting us to spend much of anything in Jan. Hoping we can at least offload some bloat and use the cash to buy some young cheap Duzy-esque signings at CB and WB. Think the 3-5-2 works for the current personnel just really need to reinforce the back line.
wangus12
AG
Would help if we hadn't lost Holding who I thought had been our best defender thus far
chjoak
AG
Main reason I think we could use 2 if we could find some good deals. Could also work with 1 CB and 1 LWB and then use Nacho as a LCB permanently.
chjoak
AG
Various outlets reporting that...

- the club won't sell Ramsey in Jan. They feel that his contribution for the remainder of the season is greater than any fee they would receive.
- Ozil will reject a Jan move away from the club. He would prefer to stay and fight for his starting spot back.

With that news and assuming everyone gets on the same page, I think our best formation moving forward is a 3-4-1-2 (Ozil/Ramsey at the 10) or 3-4-3 (Ozil/Ramsey on the bench). Need to find a way to get a young/cheap CB and WB in Jan.
wangus12
AG
Seen a couple places that Rambo will be going to Juventus in the summer.
chjoak
AG
I've seen a couple outlets claiming that Juventus doesn't want to wait and is trying to swap us Khedira now.
agdoc2001
AG
chjoak said:

I've seen a couple outlets claiming that Juventus doesn't want to wait and is trying to swap us Khedira now.

No, thank you.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
agdoc2001 said:

chjoak said:

No, thank you.
Agreed. Rather just have Rambo till the end.
wangus12
AG

wangus12
AG
chjoak
AG
Glad to see Nketiah finally getting a start. Hope he takes advantage.
gougler08
AG
Is the FA cup on tv anymore? Didn't see the early games this morning...
wangus12
AG
ESPN+

I'm watching the stream here: https://www.neostreamz.net/game/blackpool-vs-arsenal/

Apparently Koscienly has dropped out due to injury in warmups. Jenkinson comes into the side and Smith Rowe comes onto the bench

wangus12
AG
Lichtsteiner is really been ****ing awful
wangus12
AG
Willock scores off a rebound
gougler08
AG
Well we probably should have 3 and should have given up 1...sounds about par for the course
OneBlitzer
AG
Good start to the match.
wangus12
AG
Make that 4. Jenko should have put that away
wangus12
AG
Joe Joe has two!
OneBlitzer
AG
Arsenal's Willock gets another goal. Up 2 nil.
OneBlitzer
AG
Good half. Failed to finish on several opportunities. Although pretty fluid considering amount of playing time this lineup has played together.
chjoak
AG
agdoc2001 said:

chjoak said:

No, thank you.

Now saying that Ramsey has agreed a 5 yr deal with Juventus and we have told them that if they want him now it will cost 20m.
chjoak
AG
Denis Suarez links are heating up. Tons of chatter that we are trying to finalize a loan with option to buy.
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

Lichtsteiner is really been ****ing awful
I'd rather see Jenks start on the right when 'Ector isn't available - at least he's slightly mobile.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
Emery hinted at us looking for a CB and winger during Jan. It is speculated that Denis Suarez could be the winger (he played wing for Emery at Sevilla).
chjoak
AG
Arsenal promoted an analyst this morning into a loan manager role. This individual will be responsible for determining who needs a loan and helping to find a good place for them to go.
OneBlitzer
AG
Arsenal draw Man U at the Emirates in 4th round of FA Cup the weekend of Jan 25th.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.