Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

113,882 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not to mention it may be incredibly difficult to offload him with his salary. Would be interesting to see if we decide to try and extend Ramsey if they make it happen though.
chjoak
AG
texagbeliever said:

I thought it was dumb to give him an extension and pay raise. Guy has top class attacking skills but fits into very few styles of play.
Don't think extension was necessarily dumb. Salary we gave was as A) he didn't have that many options and B) that is the reason Ramsey is demanding so much from us.
texagbeliever
I felt like the writing was on the wall that ozil cant be played against top opponents leading up to his extension. You cant have a top player who you dont want to play against the big boys.
chjoak
AG
Media is running with a PSG & RM swap deal options for Ozil.

Ozil for Rabiot or Ozil for Isco

Likely not much to either but honestly I think both make sense (assuming Emery is game). Both PSG & RM could technically afford Ozil's wages (they may not want to but they could) and each has a player that is either on their way out (Rabiot) or wants out (Isco).

Of the two I think I would prefer the Isco deal (10 for 10) but I think A) they would want money added B) not sure Ozil would wanna head back to Spain and C) PSG has an easier path to trophies.

Rabiot deal (assuming Emery even wants him) would allow us to upgrade Xhaka and maybe keep Ramsey (assuming he would want to stay at this point).
wangus12
AG
Ozil is expected to start tomorrow against the massive side Burnley tomorrow
chjoak
AG
Media now reporting that Ramsey has a verbal agreement to move to Inter in the summer. Didn't say anything about a precontract. Still wouldn't mind bringing him back if his contract demands would be more realistic and Ozil is moved. Think Ramsey could work as an Emery 10. He and Ozil just can't coexist. Neither plays enough defense to be an 8 and neither will stay wide if they are playing from the wing.
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

Ozil is expected to start tomorrow against the massive side Burnley tomorrow

Midfield or CB?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Goalie probably. We can't trust Leno or Cech to play it properly out of the back
TXAggie2011
AG
chjoak said:

texagbeliever said:

I thought it was dumb to give him an extension and pay raise. Guy has top class attacking skills but fits into very few styles of play.
Don't think extension was necessarily dumb. Salary we gave was as A) he didn't have that many options and B) that is the reason Ramsey is demanding so much from us.

Ramsey can pretend all he wants that is how contracts work but he's not going to be able to go anywhere and say "I'm 80% as good as Ozil, give me 80% of Ozil's salary."

But I don't think that's the actual source of the problem.
wangus12
AG
Should have scored and conceded in the first 2 minutes.
wangus12
AG
Team goal for Auba.
wangus12
AG
Sokratis and Kolasinac in the same side is awesome because they'll **** up everyone
wangus12
AG
And we lost Monreal again
wangus12
AG
It only took till Christmas to get a halftime lead lol
wangus12
AG
What a start. Auba hammers home
wangus12
AG
Burnley get one back from Barnes who should have at least 3 yellow cards so far.
wangus12
AG
Burnley, much like any team we play recently, is being allowed to foul consistently and constantly without much worried of getting a card
DeangeloVickers
AG
It's because of the over exaggeration of fouls....i mean Guendouzi should be embarrassed
wangus12
AG
Absolutely agree, but it doesn't take away the fact that teams just foul constantly. There is no way Barnes should have made it to getting subbed off.
wangus12
AG
Iwobi grabs a 3rd, but he looked off
gougler08
AG
Clean sheets are overrated
Clever&FunnyAg
AG
Perfect results today for the gunners.

Also, Ozil needs to play every game.
OregonAggie
AG
Alright boys I just wanted to say that I've been very impressed with this squad since Emery took over. Manager of the year in my eyes.

What moves does he need to make to get y'all to the next level? Y'alls defense needs help but then again you've given up the 7th least amount of goals so far this year. It isn't horrendous. Offensively...y'all score goals. #2 in the league.

I'm curious what happens with Ozil and I'm unsure of what to do with him. He was great yesterday but I still think they should sell him and get a better fit for the system.

Either way, I hope Liverpool beats y'all 5-0 Saturday but I wish you luck in the rest of your games!

wangus12
AG
Add Miki to the injury list. Broken foot and out for 6 weeks.
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

Add Miki to the injury list. Broken foot and out for 6 weeks.

New coach didn't change the Christmas injury bug
wangus12
AG
wangus12
AG
I would be really nice Christmas gift from the FA to ban Salah for that dive
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice finish by Aubameyang!
wangus12
AG
Making my patient watch the game on my tv
wangus12
AG
Way to casual right now
OneBlitzer
AG
Ugh! Arsenal giving up ugly goal.
wangus12
AG
God we need some help for our defense.
gougler08
AG
Our defense, no matter who is playing
OneBlitzer
AG
Don't like the flow of the match. Playing poor on the road feels like previous seasons.
wangus12
AG
Not sure why we took Laca off. Our 3 holding midfielders have been poor. Take one of them off and give Rambo someone ahead of him to play with

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.