Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

114,051 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rumors that Barca are offering us Denis Suarez for 14M GBP. Chelsea are also interested but Suarez greatly prefers to come play for Emery.

I know he hasn't done much for Barca but was good for other Spanish clubs. If they are really offering him for 14M we have to jump on that.
wangus12
AG
Would definitely be a cheap replacement for Ramsey. Hopefully it would be one of those situations where a change of scenery really helps the player
wangus12
AG
Man even with all the defensive absences, Emery is dead set a back 3 it seems
wangus12
AG
This game has all the markings of ending the streak. Our entire defense is injured, its away to Southampton who've been absolutely terrible and they just brought in a new manager.

Need to show some damn life.
wangus12
AG
Koscielny doesn't look like he has his feet back under him yet. Been really flat footed
gougler08
AG
Our defense
wangus12
AG
I feel like the last 3-4 matches, refs have simply let teams foul us all over the pitch to break up play.
AustinScubaAg
AG
wangus12 said:

I feel like the last 3-4 matches, refs have simply let teams foul us all over the pitch to break up play.
Sounds like an ugly match. Glad I can't watch.
wangus12
AG
**** me
gougler08
wangus12
AG
That was really bad.
AggieRob93
AG
Bollocks.
wangus12
AG
Just a bad game all around. Leno made big mistakes. Kos doesn't look ready to go (granted we had to rush him back in thanks to suspensions). The makeshift back 3 was in shambles. The Geundouzi-Torriera pairing didn't really work and our attack didn't really test what is typically a very bad back line. Just didn't have any fight today. Definitely raises some concerns about our chances at getting back into the Top 4. The other teams don't lose to the 18th place team.

God I hope Southampton go down. They're such a boogie team to us
AggieRob93
AG
Hard to lose to Southampton this year, even away, but Emery and the squad found a way to do it. Same kind of result we've come to know the past decade. Today was very Wenger-esque, and is something we hopefully begin seeing less and less of going forward.
wangus12
AG
We drew BATE Borisov, a team we beat last year, in the round of 32 for the EL.
wangus12
AG
Another North London Derby. Never want to lose against spuds, but we are also incredible short with all the injuries and might play a pretty young squad.
AustinScubaAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Another North London Derby. Never want to lose against spuds, but we are also incredible short with all the injuries and might play a pretty young squad.
I have low expectations today. With the various injuries it may be best to not be in this competition any longer. I hope the focus will be on getting back to champions league and not on the other cups. The squad is just too thin.
Dre_00
Does this mean the Return of the Hleb?
wangus12
AG
Dre_00 said:

Does this mean the Return of the Hleb?
Yes. Yes it does.
wangus12
AG
Squad for tonight. Xhaka at CB again.

wangus12
AG
gougler08
AG
Surprisingly strong squad
chjoak
AG
Xhaka as a CB just doesn't make sense to me. Would make more since with Nacho at CB and Xhaka at LB.
wangus12
AG
**** me Miki needs to score that
OneBlitzer
AG
Crap! Way too easy.
wangus12
AG
Probably should have 3 goals right now
gougler08
AG
Our defense is just awful right now
OneBlitzer
AG
Both spud goals are inexcusable.
chjoak
AG
Years of AW neglecting the back line. We've had a need to upgrade CB for quite some time but have never done it. At least we mad e an attempt with Sokratis. Could have been better without the little knocks.
wangus12
AG
Can't even buy a goal.
wangus12
AG
Emery needs to figure his **** out with Ozil because we basically fail to create anything without him. We still need pieces at the back and a winger, but I really have no faith in the club actually investing significant money in January
texagbeliever
I admit I didn't watch the game but it sounded like we created some changes - ramsey hit the post and miki got a 1v1. Add in that xhaka was playing CB and we were playing a solid attacking side I'd expect us not to create too many chances with our defensive midfielders and fullbacks playing more cautiously.
wangus12
AG
Probably had 3-4 solid chances in the first half. Faded quickly in the 2nd half. And I absolutely agree that Xhaka as a CB is a two hit problem. He is a better partner for Torriera in the midfield than Doozy and just not good as a CB. I'd have rathered we give Medley a shot in the back rather than playing Xhaka out of position
chjoak
AG
Lots of rumors that we are looking to offload Ozil in Jan. Hate to lose a player of his caliber but he just doesn't seem to have bought in to Emery's style.
texagbeliever
I thought it was dumb to give him an extension and pay raise. Guy has top class attacking skills but fits into very few styles of play.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.