Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

113,932 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AustinScubaAg said:

chjoak said:

They were both just involved in that goal but I really think both Ozil & Ramsey need to be sold...

Ozil - too damned lazy. He has been invisible this entire match. Even the goal he was involved in was a cluster because he played a bad ball to Ramsey.

Ramsey - is a "MF" that refuses to play MF. He continually leaves the MF/DF in a bad position. He either needs to be sold or converted to a much higher role (RW?).

Cant really disagree. Will be hard to sell Ozil with his current contract.

With that said Center Back is still the biggest issue.

I also would not mind seeing Bellerin sold as well.
I could might be persuaded with Ramsey, but the club should not sell Ozil.

I know its super chic to complain about Ozil, and he's not played his best and something doesn't seem perfectly right with him right now, but the focus on him has taken on a true outsized life of its own.

For a team that wants to play from the back, he routinely is the guy who is able to drop back deeper and link the field together and he's the guy who often has been best able to create something up the field.
chjoak
chjoak
AG
Reports surfacing that we have withdrawn our contract offer to Ramsey and will attempt to sell him in Jan or let him leave on a free.
wangus12
AG
Bummed that we are going to lose him since he is one of my favorite players. We just need to get him out of England at this point. It does seem we are shoehorning him into the side at the 10 and pushing Ozil out wide. If we can get a proper winger in January to replace, we'll be better off.
gougler08
AG
My wife will be mad as he had replaced Giroud as her favorite player to look at
agdoc2001
AG
chjoak said:

Reports surfacing that we have withdrawn our contract offer to Ramsey and will attempt to sell him in Jan or let him leave on a free.

The management of this club remains a complete joke. To have allowed these contract situations to occur with Rambo, Ozil, and Sanchez in such short order is ridiculous. You cant complain about the cost of players out of 1 side of your mouth and then allow these contracts to run down out the other.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
I tend to agree. Ultimately this issue was brought on by allowing the Wenger saga to drag out for too long. Alexis & Ozil were holding off from signing an extension because they wanted to see what would happen with Wenger. AW is re-signed and both stalled in negotiations. Had we not given AW an extension. We either would have had all of these guys tied up earlier or (if they didn't like the new coach) they likely would have been sold without the drama.
chjoak
AG
Seeing claims that we rejected a 50m GBP offer from ManU for Ramsey this summer. If true, I'm a little upset we rejected it. We likely could have gotten a couple additional players for that.
agdoc2001
AG
chjoak said:

Seeing claims that we rejected a 50m GBP offer from ManU for Ramsey this summer. If true, I'm a little upset we rejected it. We likely could have gotten a couple additional players for that.

Not to mention 20 million for Welbz who will also be leaving for free.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
With us playing both PAE & Laca together and Welbz getting more minutes than expected, I wonder if we try to extend him before Jan . That said, we probably would have been better off had we sold him and added a couple young wing/ST types this summer.
wangus12
AG
gougler08
AG
Need to win these type of games to have a realistic shot at top 4 this season
agdoc2001
AG
Glad to see Holding in there. Wish it was for Mustafi - guess Sokratis leg wasnt ready.
gougler08
AG
Very meh start from us
gougler08
AG
Laca should have 2
OneBlitzer
AG
Cech limping off with hamstring just before half. Leno on. Opportunity to prove himself.
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice! Arsenal up 1 nil. Own goal.
agdoc2001
AG
1-0 to the Arsenal
gougler08
AG
Still not exactly a comfortable lead with our defense

Also, Leno should be starting
OneBlitzer
AG
And another! Ozil taps one in.
gougler08
AG
That'll do
agdoc2001
AG
This announcer is a muppet
OneBlitzer
AG
3 points! Solid win! Iwobi provided a spark.
agdoc2001
AG
7 wins on the trot. Hard to argue with that!
TXAggie2011
AG
OneBlitzer said:

And another! Ozil taps one in.

Ozil might have been the best player on the field today. Hope we get a few more of those in the next games and can start to put that story line behind us.
wangus12
AG
Miki is not making the trip to Qarabag due to the war between Armenia and Azerbaijan
TXAggie2011
AG
wangus12 said:

Miki is not making the trip to Qarabag due to the war between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Yep, apparently he and his family decided against applying for the special visa he would need to enter Azerbaijan. I assume they are concerned about his security.

At any rate, it seems like, if we are to make the final, UEFA, Arsenal, and others are prepared to do what is needed to get him the visa.
wangus12
AG
gougler08
AG
So with all of our defensive problems, we are only 4 points off the top of the EPL table after having played #1 and #3. That's actually a lot better than I expected
wangus12
AG
I guess the question is that are we being really lucky to grind out 3 points in these close games or are we significantly better at winning close games
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

I guess the question is that are we being really lucky to grind out 3 points in these close games or are we significantly better at winning close games

Yeah I don't really know...I don't think we've played a solid complete game yet so I'll lean positive in that we are learning to grind things out
wangus12
AG
Remember guys, since the match is basically in central Asia, its at 12pm CT instead of 2pm
wangus12
AG
Looks like we are gonna be running 3 at the back today with Lich and Kola playing as wing backs

chjoak
AG
Interesting. Little outside Emery's norm. Can't say I'm disappointed to see him try something against a weaker squad.
OneBlitzer
AG
Goal!!! Sokratis!! Nice!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.