Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

113,952 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like that formation...we are obviously going to have to outscore teams this season so Laca and Auba need to play together
texagbeliever
That is a very narrow starting 11. All non defenders preferred roles are in the middle. I would rather iwobi start for xhaka or ramsey to give more pace and width. With how bellerin has played I also would be terrified with ramsey being responsible for helping him out.
chjoak
AG
If you watch the video wangus posted, the analysts are making claims that is how Emery liked it. Creates 3 boxes in the spine (CB to DM, DM to AM, AM to ST).
texagbeliever
I'm just worried they could struggle if a side packed it in the middle and then looked to counter with speed on the wings. Our CB's are slow so i think we will be vulnerable to a parked bus.
agdoc2001
AG
Legends match with Real Madrid today went to penalties. Arsenal had last kick to win it. Rosicky was up to take it. Lehmann pulled rank and made him sit down so he could take it. Mad jens buries it in the upper corner.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
Well... You could always switch it up to a 4-2-2-2 and have 2 AMs play a little more wide. Problem as I see it is that both Ramsey and Ozil are gonna drift inside no matter where you start them. And Ramsey isn't a good fit for one of the deep MF spots. Really isn't an ideal formation for the current roster. It's gonna take another window or 2 to get stuff sorted out. While we wait, I think our best option for success is PAE a and Laca on the field together and I think they would be most effective as dual ST vs forcing PAE to the wing.
texagbeliever
Ozil will drift into space so it isnt him I'm concerned about, well maybe his defense but different issue. I think ramsey is a technically great player but not sure he is good enough to go into a less effective formation. That is just my take of course.
chjoak
AG
Ramsey's best position is an offensive 8 or 8/10 hybrid but he has to be central. Ozil can operate from a 10, wing or false 9. He will drift to space and is more prone to stay wide then Ramsey but his defense is bad/lazy. Ultimately you need to figure out whether you wanna run with Ramsey or Ozil in the middle. Don't think the 2 will ever coexist within Emery's ideal system. Ramsey may make that decision for us. As I said, I think your short-term best formation involves PAE & Laca in either a dual ST or a ST/SS setup.
chjoak
AG
Rumors that Gazidis is staying. Claims that he was being indecisive and Milan got tired of waiting on him to decide.
wangus12
AG
Still waiting on a damn Torreira start

OneBlitzer
AG
Newcastle has pressed effectively a majority of the half but their effort has begun to drop. Arsenal finally finding more space. Time to bury one in the back of the net.
gougler08
AG
Seems like there will be goals in this one, pretty open game
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice Xhaka goal.
wangus12
AG
Great free kick from Xhaka
OneBlitzer
AG
Ozil! Well done off the deflection.
agdoc2001
AG
Fantastic passing around the box to open Newcastle up.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
OZIL
gougler08
AG
Looking way better with Torreira...who would have guessed
wangus12
AG
I like that Emery isn't afraid to pull is big names off if they are poor.
wangus12
AG
Ugh Yedlin got stuck in the turf there.
wangus12
AG
****ing never gonna get a clean sheet
OneBlitzer
AG
Three points!
wangus12
AG
3 points thought
AustinScubaAg
AG
3 points on the road will take that given the poor road form last season.
wangus12
AG
Reiss Nelson scored on his debut for Hoffenheim yesterday
wangus12
AG
chjoak said:

Rumors that Gazidis is staying. Claims that he was being indecisive and Milan got tired of waiting on him to decide.
Looks like he is gone now.
chjoak
AG
Also seeing claims that Jose wants Ozil and that we are interested in Martial & Bailly.
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

chjoak said:

Looks like he is gone now.
Bye.
agdoc2001
AG
If anyone is interested, the Swiss Ramble has a good analysis of Gazidis's mediocre performance at Arsenal while being the 2nd highest paid chief executive in the EPL.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1032534955342086146.html
chjoak
AG
Only issue I have with Gazidas leaving is that his likely replacement is Kroenke's kid.
wangus12
AG
wangus12
AG
Today was a good day
wangus12
AG
Leno are LIchtsteiner are starting today. Also possibly some youngsters with Smith-Rowe, Nketiah and Pleguezuelo have all been training with the first team. Wouldn't be shocked to see Auba start up top though to get some confidence going. Mhki and Torreira may start as well.

No Mavropanos as he has been dealing with a groin issue.
wangus12
AG
Also, who puts Torreira in the 2nd row. Dude had to stand on his tippy toes

TXAggie2011
AG
Is today's game streaming on TNT/Bleacher Report/anywhere or am I going to need to get a European stream of it?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.