Sepp Blatter and WC 2026

2,281 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Maximus_Meridius
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good ol' Sepp. Stirring the pot. If only he would stir it from the grave. Or at least a jail cell with no free wi-fi.

wangus12
AG
Good ole Sepp. Another half desert country without the infrastructure/weather to host summer event.

Plus we were in freaking Africa 10 years ago. North America hasn't had one since 1994. If you want something new, host it in Australia you *****
gig them
AG
F*** that dude.
Aston94
AG
Wonder how much a Moroccan official paid him to release that tweet?

So Blatter wants the world cup to go: South Africa, Brazil, Russia, Qatar, Morrocco?

What an idiot.
Thunder18
AG
He is a ****ing useless ****.
gambochaman
AG
Blatter, Please die already...you are the greatest disgrace to ever happen to the sport of soccer

Kindly,

Soccer fans everywhere
carl spacklers hat
Aston94 said:

So Blatter wants the world cup to go: South Africa, Brazil, Russia, Qatar, Morrocco?

When you actually spell it out, you realize just how huge a pile of excrement that 5-host line-up is. Incredible
byfLuger41
AG
Someone needs to punch him in the face.
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
LeonardSkinner
1. I'm not saying anything, but gee, I wouldn't be heartbroken if he tripped and fell out of one of those giant buildings in Dubai or something. Like Denethor off the top of Minas Tirith.

2. He does bring up a minor point that I might agree with: joint hosting bid might backfire.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Let the corruption begin...

"Support for the United States-led bid to host the 2026 World Cup is more divided than most predicted, with some estimates of voting totals having Morocco not just threatening the North American bid, but actually beating it, multiple high-ranking football executives within FIFA and the continental confederations told ESPN this week."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-world-cup/story/3400487/united-states-led-2026-world-cup-bid-in-jeopardy-to-morocco-sources
MB19
AG
I saw that. Somehow I get the feeling that the fix is in. Of course that article brings up some good points, namely the exposure of powerful folks as greedy SOB's. They are wanting some semblance of a payback.
Pet Sounds
AG
God...the fix sounds like it is already in. Morocco seriously? Does anyone really think any country would be better than a USA/Canada/Mexico joint bid?
PatAg
AG
If another world cup goes to to Africa, you could see the murmurs about certain orgs splitting off from FIFA become a reality. There was a lot of talk surrounding this concept after Qatar.
ColoradoMooseHerd
That was how Blatter said in power, by giving every country an equal vote even if they have no clue what they are doing. Then promising the World Cup to African and Asian countries and bam!!! He has all the votes he needs to be in power for ever because not enough votes in Europe and North America to stop the African and Asian voting numbers.
gambochaman
AG
freaking Morocco...LOL...whatever

this is insanity...omg you exposed our criminal activity....are you kidding me? Morocco?!?
wangus12
AG
Don't forget that 2026 will be the 1st with 48 teams involved (80 matches instead of 64) playing groups of 3 with the top 2 in each group advancing to the knockout rounds starting with 32 teams. So 16 teams only play 2 matches which kinda sucks with all the effort nations put into qualifying.

They also plan to play the tournament in the same 32 days as it has been so there will be less rest for the players.

Here is the league and you can scroll down to the current stadiums that Morocco has. 6 stadiums that fit 45k or more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botola

Here are the current FIFA stadium requirements for capacity

Stadiums requirement

FIFA established minimum requirements for stadiums capacities.
  • Matches Stadium capacities

• Opening match 80,000
  • Remaining group stage matches 40,000
  • Round of 32 40,000
  • Round of 16 40,000
  • Quarterfinals 40,000
  • Semifinals 60,000
  • Third place play-off 40,000
  • Final 80,000

gambochaman
AG
Im sure Morocco will build all of that, with skill labor being paid and treated fairly, and with competitive bid contracts going to qualified contractors

wangus12
AG
Also if this is really do to the anti-American sentiment that everyone says exists, I'd say let them continue to screw up smaller countries who try to cope with building all the infrastructure needed to host, especially with the tournament growing. Eventually they will catch on and in the meantime, I can still watch the games from a prime spot on my couch. If I recall, USA 1994 still holds the attendance records for a WC and was also up there in terms of financial income. They can't act like one hosted here now would be a failure.
eiggA2002
AG
C'mon football should always be played in the desert! Especially the World Cup! Let's keep giving it to countries with deplorable human rights, but America is sooooo bad. F-off FIFA.
wangus12
AG
Nah man. After pissing off almost every professional league with Winter World Cup 2022, we're going to do it again in 2026
gambochaman
AG
I'm sure none of the members of the small federations (which all get an equal vote to everyone else) will be completely clean and accept no bribes in exchange for their vote.
ColoradoMooseHerd
wangus12 said:

Don't forget that 2026 will be the 1st with 48 teams involved (80 matches instead of 64) playing groups of 3 with the top 2 in each group advancing to the knockout rounds starting with 32 teams. So 16 teams only play 2 matches which kinda sucks with all the effort nations put into qualifying.

They also plan to play the tournament in the same 32 days as it has been so there will be less rest for the players.

Here is the league and you can scroll down to the current stadiums that Morocco has. 6 stadiums that fit 45k or more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botola

Here are the current FIFA stadium requirements for capacity

Stadiums requirement

FIFA established minimum requirements for stadiums capacities.
  • Matches Stadium capacities
  • Opening match 80,000
  • Remaining group stage matches 40,000
  • Round of 32 40,000
  • Round of 16 40,000
  • Quarterfinals 40,000
  • Semifinals 60,000
  • Third place play-off 40,000
  • Final 80,000

Actually players will have the same or more rest with new format.
Mathguy64
AG
Wonderful. The Donald has now decided to chime in on the 2026 bid. Technically he violated FIFA bylaws by engaging in politics with the bid by threatening countries not voting for the US.

jeffk
AG
They either give us the 2026 WC or we boycott the 2018 WC. Their choice.
Basketball and Chain
AG
FIFA has bylaws?
titanmaster_race
Basketball and Chain said:

FIFA has bylaws?

"FIFA Bylaws" by Sepp Blatter

1. Under no circumstances are bribes to be accepted. Football is a beautiful game that should not be tainted with corruption.

2. If the money on the table is high enough, forget bylaw #1

3. Any money on the table is enough to invoke bylaw #2
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Go **** yourself, Sepp.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.