2018 Aggies Spring schedule

5,978 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redd38
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope all of the people who came to see the Mexican team come back this fall to see Jimena as she plays for us.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
The biggest positive that I saw was that Emily Bates is not wearing a knee brace and looked a lot faster than this past season. She really pushed the ball up the center of the pitch. Shades of Shea Groom.
Aggie Futbol
Emily Bates is a fine player when she is on her game but it's a bit of a stretch to compare her to Shea Groom. That's like comparing Landon Donovan (a fine player) to Ronaldo. Not in the same category.
mullokmotx
AG
I'm undecided about whether Emily should be at forward or midfield. The 2014 team was really successful with Kelley Monogue and Shea Groom at midfield which made sense to me as your 2 best players were where they touched the ball a lot, and Allie Bailey, Annie Kunz and Bianca Brinson were at forward. 2 players I'm watching in the exhibitions are Kate Hajdu as she was having a great year in 2016 before her injury, and Jenna Byers who is also coming back from some injuries. Both played last year but sometimes it just takes time to recover completely.
redd38
AG
Don't forget, were beating the hell outta TCU tomorrow at 3
CDub06
AG
Mahalo for the reminder
redd38
AG
CDub06 said:

Mahalo for the reminder

What's this about your halo?
AGC
AG
I will be there tomorrow with my 5 year old. Where should we sit? How do I do this??
redd38
AG
AGC said:

I will be there tomorrow with my 5 year old. Where should we sit? How do I do this??

The game is free so you can sit anywhere, I suggest the west side (the side with the awning)
redd38
AG
TCU scored on a corner kick in the last 30 seconds to lead 1-0 at the half.

Pretty bad half for the Aggies. Passing has not been good. Emily has barely touched the ball as the center mid and all her touches have resulted in turnovers.
redd38
AG
In the first 5 minutes of the second half Emily has had three possessions where she attacked the goal more and they have led to our three best opportunities of the game so far.
redd38
AG
Second half has been not so great outside of a few moments early. Not a lot of effort except maybe Jimena and Ally at times. Ally had a few opportunities to take the ball to the goal but went outside instead. She needs to recognize when she just needs to go score.

I feel like we've had pretty favorable officiating too.
redd38
AG
TCU won 1-0
AGC
AG
redd38 said:

Second half has been not so great outside of a few moments early. Not a lot of effort except maybe Jimena and Ally at times. Ally had a few opportunities to take the ball to the goal but went outside instead. She needs to recognize when she just needs to go score.

I feel like we've had pretty favorable officiating too.

I would agree with this. Not great link up but Ally squandered a few chances. My first time watching them.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Our play yesterday was really bad from both a technical and fundamental standpoint. I left at half-time.
HiddenAg2
It was discouraging yesterday for sure. I did think that A&M played well in stretches, especially early in the 2nd half, but overall it was just not good enough in the midfield and linking to attacking players. Ally has to recognize that she needs to run into the box sometimes instead of shooting from 25-30 yards out. I thought Jordan Hill looked good at outside back and Lopez is much improved from last season. McCain is good but is having problems connecting with her teammates in the middle of the field. This team needs a lot of work in the summer to be ready for next season.
mullokmotx
AG
Does anybody know about getting in to Ellis Field tomorrow for the exhibition? It is at 5:30 and there is a softball game at 6:30.
redd38
AG
You should be able to get in on the west corner.
randy828
AG
mullokmotx said:

Does anybody know about getting in to Ellis Field tomorrow for the exhibition? It is at 5:30 and there is a softball game at 6:30.
Did they change the game time? On page 1 it says 7pm.
randy828
AG
randy828 said:

mullokmotx said:

Did they change the game time? On page 1 it says 7pm.
And it says 6:30pm on the Athletics site.

http://12thman.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoc
redd38
AG
6:30 seems correct
mullokmotx
AG
I swear the game was scheduled for 5:30 when I looked yesterday, but now 12thman.com says 6:30, which is the same time as the softball game.
02skiag
AG
At least that means there will be concessions.
redd38
AG
02skiag said:

At least that means there will be concessions.

You know for spring games you can just bring in any food you want, right?
02skiag
AG
Yes, I'd rather not bring in my own hotdog though.
redd38
AG
GOOOOAAALLL Aggies! 1-0
redd38
AG
GOOOOAAALLL Aggies! 2-0
redd38
AG
First goal was by Arrieta, assist by Emily Bates. Second goal was breakaway by Watt
redd38
AG
GOOOOAAALLL Aggies! 3-0
redd38
AG
Goal by Crabtree
redd38
AG
GOOOOAAALLL Aggies! 4-0
redd38
AG
Watt with a second goal
redd38
AG
GOOOOAAALLL Aggies! 5-0
redd38
AG
Crabtree heads in a cross from Watt
redd38
AG
5-0 is final
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.