***** 2017 MLS CUP *****

1,087 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pahdz
heddleston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In 23rd minute, so far TFC looks way better; flying to the ball, making chances. Lodeiro for Seattle definitely seems rattled.
heddleston
AG
Halftime, Toronto 0-0 Seattle Fighting Stefan Freis. Seattle can't do Jack crap, but the did manage a shot on goal, which is neat. Frei having a Kasey Keller v Brazil kind of game.
Pahdz
Jozy scores. Can't stand watching him and Bradley celebrate, A holes ruined US soccer
jeffk
AG
yay, jozy scores.

-_-
PatAg
AG
I get some initial backlash for the players, but I think it's a bit silly to still hate them regarding the USMNT. It's not their fault our system failed to produce that next group of players to push them out. If you notice, Toronto has a special player in Giovinco which the national team never really did.
I wasn't the biggest Jozy fan, primarily because of his tendency to flop and let himself mentally get out taken out of the game. At the same time, I also felt he never truly got recognition for his work up front the past 3-4 years.

I don't feel likes it's likely any of us here support a Toronto FC rival, which I'm not even sure what team that would be.
Out in Left Field
AG
I enjoy watching Toronto so congrats to them I guess.
Dre_00
PatAg said:

I get some initial backlash for the players, but I think it's a bit silly to still hate them regarding the USMNT. It's not their fault our system failed to produce that next group of players to push them out. If you notice, Toronto has a special player in Giovinco which the national team never really did.
I wasn't the biggest Jozy fan, primarily because of his tendency to flop and let himself mentally get out taken out of the game. At the same time, I also felt he never truly got recognition for his work up front the past 3-4 years.

I don't feel likes it's likely any of us here support a Toronto FC rival, which I'm not even sure what team that would be.

This. And it was a lot more than these two that "ruined American soccer". Like it or not, both must be a part of the path back so might as well move on.
Pahdz
Damn y'all some sensitive dudes about them. I know they didn't "ruin" US soccer.

I'll argue though that they have to be part of the path back. Jozy probably, Bradley I'm not so sure.
Dre_00
Pahdz said:

Damn y'all some sensitive dudes about them. I know they didn't "ruin" US soccer.

I'll argue though that they have to be part of the path back. Jozy probably, Bradley I'm not so sure.

Man, who's not a Sounders fan, says he hates watching two Toronto players celebrate and calls them a-holes and I'm the sensitive one?

Okaaaaaaaaaaay.
Pahdz
Uh, definitely not a Sounders fan. Was a Dynamo fan for years until I couldn't get their games anymore in OKC. Just had some triggered response to watching those guys happy then realizing my pathetic soccer fan life won't include a world cup next year. Had no idea some of you would have such a serious response.

Now, if you wanna discuss the merits of Bradley and Altidore being part of our path back let's get the discussion going.
I'll start.

I hope they don't have anything to do with getting on the path back to a World Cup.
jeffk
AG
I've hated Jozy the MLS player for a long enough time - there's precedence there.

I know neither Jozy or MB ruined US Soccer but I'm allowed to express my self-pity here in the form of misdirected resentment. If not here then where?

Maybe they should just put Bruce Arena on the tele once a month so we can all curse him out and purge our systems? That dude can get bent.
PatAg
AG
:Jozy scores. Can't stand watching him and Bradley celebrate, " this was perfectly fine, and a sentiment I agree with in MLS.

Now here is where you go off the rails. "A holes ruined US soccer"
Pahdz
Had a hand in US soccer 's greatest embarrassment

Is that better? I can't imagine had I said something bad about your boy Nagbe again
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.