Shocked

5,996 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redd38
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am shocked that coach G blew another game

The guy was a goalie

25 years of super talented girls not winning up to their potential

Out coached again

I am very sad for the players that busted their ass and never gave up and tried to overcome the joke of the coach that he is

Diego
AG
We just won the SEC and had a school-record 14 game winning streak. We lost a hard fought game after double OT against one of the top soccer programs in the country. And you are going to call out Coach G? Get a life.
expresswrittenconsent
MookieBlaylock said:

I am shocked that coach G blew another game

The guy was a goalie

25 years of super talented girls not winning up to their potential

Out coached again

I am very sad for the players that busted their ass and never gave up and tried to overcome the joke of the coach that he is

Great regular season coach. Seem to regularly go out a round early.
Hand Of God
AG
A&M was screwed by the draw. Notre Dame should have been a seeded team and this matchup should never have happened in round 2. It was the game we thought it would be between two powers.
MookieBlaylock
AG
At home

Defense is have your center back mark 7 players

Offense is send the ball into watt who is triple teamed

25 years of the same cap

The talent is not the problem

This team walks to a national championship with 20 other coaches

Nothing has changed in 25 years

hammerhead
Spot on...time for a change. Way to much talent to get taken out year after year
redd38
AG
Lol, this dumba** said G was getting fired
MookieBlaylock
AG
I believe I said he should be fired 25 years ago when I was one of 8 people watching the ladies play

Nothing has changed

Except he is old now
redd38
redd38
redd38
HiddenAg2
Coach G is not going to be fired, period. He will be gone when he retires. There is no point in even bothering with the argument. He is a good but not elite coach. We all know that and I've accepted it. I'm more disappointed about not advancing past the 2nd round in 2007 and now 2017 with 2 of his most talented teams. Only the great 2014 team made it to the promised land and we were a #1 seed which helped a lot (we also beat ND along the way). All we can do is keep plugging away in recruiting and one day we'll break through again. But the NCAA committee really screwed A&M in this draw, both in seeding and placing a top 15 RPI team in ND in our 2nd round matchup. That is just not defendable.
DuncanField91
AG
I don't agree. G puts us in the mix for the College Cup most years. That's what you want from a coach. The right group of players will win it. Firing G will make us a .500 team in short order.
Aggie1205
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

At home

Defense is have your center back mark 7 players

Offense is send the ball into watt who is triple teamed

25 years of the same cap

The talent is not the problem

This team walks to a national championship with 20 other coaches

Nothing has changed in 25 years

Please name 20 people that would coach here that would have won NC's.
CDub06
AG
Count the blue stars and see what the OPs public perception is. Same thing every year - he looks forward to losses so he can post this trash. I believe he even posted something similar when A&M did make the college cup.

Another trash post in a long line of garbage.
Aston94
AG
Ah yes, the annual post from Mookie Blalock and his same tired, old routine.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Coach G has been here a long time with only moderate success. With that said, I watched both matches yesterday and we were the poorest coached team of all four teams. I think G needs to fire the Stephenson's and get some fresh insite.
Giggem
AG
G puts a great team together every year. We've been to the NCAAs 23 straight years. That's a spectacular run of sustained excellence. It turns out that the other team also wants to win the games. Sometimes they do, sometimes we do.

If we had this kind of two decades of consistent national-level play in other sports, say, football or men's basketball, people would be ecstatic.

G, Phil, and Lori guided this team through a string of injuries that at one point left only 3 available substitutes on the bench. We lost our heart of the offense to an injury. We had multiple injuries on the back line. We had several freshmen and transfers that needed to be plugged in. Nonetheless, this team nearly took the regular season title and put together a string of tough wins to take the SEC tourney.

That ND team is very good--probably the quickest assemblage of players we saw all year, and perhaps the best collection of individual talent across the field we've faced. Despite some very dubious officiating, this team showed the heart to fight back at the end of the game and nearly win the thing.

All in all, it's a ridiculous insult to these girls, G, Phil, and Lori to be calling for people to lose their jobs.

If you're dissatisfied, step up. Be positive. Personally invest your time and money to make a difference. Encourage these girls all year round. Encourage the coaches with letters and personal visits with them.

Make a positive impact if you really care. If you won't do that, then your opinion is of little value because you're just a spectator, not a part of making Aggie soccer excellent.
hsvag
Unfortunately, that's how soccer goes. A talented ND team that controlled time of possession, but that's what a lot of teams do against us. We had some excellent chances we could not finish and had the advantage in corners 8 to 2 I believe. Tough day for Briana, poor clearing decision in the penalty area led to one goal and the foul in the box led to the penalty kick. This last call was odd in that it was a potential game decider, and several other takedowns in the box were ignored. Also, couldn't tell without a slow motion replay but it didn't appear she swept the attacker's legs but just simultaneous contact with the ball on the attacker's foot that caused her to fall. It wasn't our day.
If you want to feel sorry for someone, how about USC. They dominated play all day and were running out the clock when Baylor converted one of their few chances with 20 seconds left, or so. Several USC opportunities in overtime including a riccochet off of the cross bar and side post leaving the ball on or near the line when the keeper fell on it. But their lack of execution on the penalty kicks was surprising. I would expect ND won't have any trouble with Baylor on Sunday, but again, it's soccer.
Expert Analysis
AG
I find it hard to be critical of a successful coach, but G has room for improvement. Our offensive flow is non-existent at times. Basic movement and passing are often lacking, but at the same time kicking it long to fast skilled forwards and pressuring the defense works too. It seems we could do a better job possessing the ball, year in and year out.
AgsSoccerFan
Anyone who goes by a name of any OU athlete needs to pay more attention to lovin his livestock and not college soccer. Bye, Troll.
alamoaggie 64
"Nothing has changed "

I agree with OP that nothing has changed. Just keep winning games and championships and going to tournament. Same old stuff.
jeffk
AG
Solid troll, OP.
Aggie1205
AG
I still would like to see 20 names of people who would coach here that would have won NC's.
CDub06
AG
I'll start:

1. Mookie Blaylock (the TexAgs one)
redd38
AG
Aggie1205 said:

I still would like to see 20 names of people who would coach here that would have won NC's.

There are not 20 coaches that have won national championships.
Aggie1205
AG
redd38 said:

Aggie1205 said:

There are not 20 coaches that have won national championships.

Which will make Mookies answer all the more interesting..........
HiddenAg2
My standard for Coach G is not winning NCs. That is extremely difficult and only a handful of coaches have ever even played for one. Historically, unless you are UNC or Notre Dame, it takes a lot of luck and the right matchups throughout the NCAA tourney to make it to the final game. My goal for him is to make more Elite 8s so we continue to have the 50/50 chance of advancing to the College Cup. So, I would like for him to make the Elite 8 every other year. And that's what hurt about this season because we should have been there as the bracket opened up for us with USC losing to Baylor. I don't think we would have beaten Duke, but it was another missed opportunity.
bagger05
AG
FWIW my friends who played on the team always said that Bruce and Lori really coached the team. G managed the program and coached the keepers.

This program does us proud EVERY SINGLE YEAR.
HiddenAg2
I think it's a well known fact that Phil is the X's and O's coach of the team. Coach G is the GK coach and player manager. That's why I was surprised we had the GK issues with lack of depth and athleticism this season.
Giggem
AG
This take on "GK issues" makes no sense to me. Cozy played very well, especially in the string of 14 wins. Yes, because of injury the team had no backup. But Cozy stayed healthy and produced in all those wins. Her shot-stopping in the run of play was simply outstanding. We can wish that she'd made a few saves in PKs versus ND, but that's a bit unrealistic. So long as the shooting player hits a confident and well-placed ball, no keeper will save a PK without extraordinary luck. ND's shooters did that. I saw zero "GK issues" this year.
HiddenAg2
Morche certainly didn't have a bad year and she had some big saves at opportune times. But there is no doubt that she is not the usual athletic, quick twitch GK that Coach G has had over the years that is especially important in the postseason. I'd like to see Ausmus get the chance to win the job in the Spring. Just my opinion.
mullokmotx
AG
Morche will be a senior next year. I hope G is recruiting a keeper.
mullokag
aggiepaintrain
AG
One down year and cya
redd38
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

One down year and cya

We had a down year last year. No cya.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.