Game time

2,959 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggie orbitalwelder
hsvag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Start time Friday against Notre Dame? Have seen both 3:30 and 7:30.
CDub06
AG
Our game is at 7:30, the early game (USC vs Baylor) is at 3:30. Make room for a whole afternoon of soccer.
redd38
AG
I'm almost certainly going to be late to the game, someone try to stall.
CDub06
AG
I'll ask our team not to play until you get there. I can't promise Notre Dame will comply though.
coupland boy
AG
If i take my family of 4 and we get into town about 7:15 what are our chances of getting in?
redd38
AG
You'll be fine, these things don't sell out
SoTxAg
AG
On tv?
redd38
AG
SoTxAg said:

On tv?

SECN+ (so streaming)
mullokmotx
AG
Because of the men's basketball game the Transportation people will be charging, I presume, $5 for parking.
mullokmotx
AG
Looking at the other team's websites, all of the teams arrived Wednesday evening.
I looked at the box score from our 2014 game with Notre Dame, and they have 3 players on the team who played in that game: Sabrina Flores, Taylor Klawunder and Karin Muya, who scored their goal inour 2-1 win. All 4 of our seniors played in that game, and I remember that Mikaela and Stephanie helped to set up the game winning goal by Kelley Monogue.
We are 9-2-1 in games against teams that made the NCAA Tournament, not counting the NCAA Tournament win versus Lamar. Notre Dame was 6-5-3 against teams that made the NCAA Tournament.
Notre Dame lost in a PK shootout to SIU Edwardsville last year at home, and lost in the 2nd round the previous year, so they are looking to go further than they have in a couple of years
coupland boy
AG
redd38 said:

You'll be fine, these things don't sell out

Thanks
mullokmotx
AG
Travis Clark of Top Drawer Soccer had the following write-up on our regional:

Four separate conferences are represented in College Station, and each would want to represent their university but also their respective league well. The Pac-12's rep, USC, faces a Big 12 foe in the form of Baylor. The overlooked national champs needed two overtimes to beat a plucky Eastern Washington side last weekend. There's plenty of reason to believe the Women of Troy can pull themselves out of this group, though big weekends are needed from Savannah DeMelo, Alex Anthony and Ally Prisock. The Bears rolls into this one on the back of four straight wins, with three of those coming in the conference tournament. Brazilian senior midfielder Aline De Lima leads the team in goals and assists.
Host side Texas A&M certainly stands out as favorites to advance, but can't take the second-round matchup against Notre Dame for granted. Natalie Jacobs and Jennifer Westendorf are a fearsome one-two punch offensively. They'll need to be spot on to stop the Aggies, who have won 14 straight games, with the athletic speedster Ally Watt one of many players that can create trouble in the final third. Home field advantage can't be overlooked, but this game should be a good one.
Predicted Quarterfinalist: Texas A&M

hsvag
If you have an A&M hang tag you can park at Olsen or the Tennis courts for free If you tell them you are going to soccer (honor system?). The start times are unfortunate, though. It would have been easier for Soccer at 7 and basketball at 7:30, i.e. slide in before the large Reed crowd. It also penalizes those wanting to see both soccer games, as you will likely have to hang around for 2 hours after the first game finishes.
aggie orbitalwelder
Leaving Taylor now hopefully we won't hit any traffic in Rockdale
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.