What Happened to Brek Shea?

1,496 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by randy828
mrmill3218
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It looked like he would potentially be the next big thing in the US for a while.
jeffk
AG
He's JAG at the international level. Still a decent pro though.
mrmill3218
AG
What is JAG?
jeffk
AG
Sorry - "Just A Guy." Old coaching term.
isitjustme
AG
Seems like early in his career, he struggled a bit with injuries and maturity. He did not get along with Dallas' coach.
Then after a good year with Dallas, he decided he had to take a chance in England - failed in part due in part to too much a difference in soccer culture and part JAG.
Then Klinsman tried to change his position, but he doesn't have a defenders mentality and his ego was down due to his less than good on-the-field experience in England.
Last few years in MLS with Orlando and Vancouver haven't been bad, but he may be out of any legitimate MNT opportunities even though he played decently in his CAPs, especially in conacaf play a couple years ago.
wangus12
AG
I talked to Brek right around the time of the MLS All-Star Break and got to hang out with his family. He has been pretty happy with the move to Vancouver so far. Biggest thing for him has been staying fit the last couple years. He has a gimp knee and foot that flare up. We didn't really go into soccer all that much. Just talked about the move up north and what it was like to play with Kaka.
PatAg
AG
I remember him having injury issues the first year he went over there, I would imagine that makes it a bit hard to prove yourself. Not everyone is meant to be an international star. His peak performances are at that level, just never seemed to make it click consistently enough.
PJD Ag 10
AG
Bummer for him with injuries as others have mentioned. Wasn't able to play much this year. Vancouver really wanted him to be a key piece too.

Always been a fan of Brek. Remember seeing him at club tournaments... couple years behind me but carried hype with him.

Really thought stoke would work out but seems like he values life here more than professional ambition. Nothing wrong with that at all in fact it's pretty neat that he just wants to do him. Cool dude with lots of interests outside soccer from what I've read.

And the whole Bury loan story haha.
swc93
AG
He went out of his way to come over and high five my son at a FCD camp. Don't really know why; we just kind of guessed my gangly blond headed son reminded him of his gangly blond headed youth.

Still think he has something to offer but as with so much in sports it depends upon coaches and likes/dislikes in players.
randy828
AG
Quote:

what it was like to play with Kaka.
So I am interested in hearing what he had to say......
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.