*****Official 2017 NCAA Tournament Thread*****

20,627 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hand Of God
Aston94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Selections and seedings will be announced Monday, November 6 at 3:30 Central.

A&M is an automatic qualifier due to its SEC tournament victory. The real intrigue for the Aggies will be if they can claim a 1 seed or if they are relegated to a 2 seed.

There are really 5 teams deserving of a 1 seed, with Stanford, N. Carolina and Duke being locks for 3 of the 1 seeds. The Aggies and Gamecocks will square off for the final 1 seed.

Both had near identical seasons, with the Gamecocks having a few stronger wins early in the season and the Aggies rolling to 13 straight wins to end the season. Unfortunately the two sides didn't square off in the regular season so we are left with comparing the two resumes. Looking at some of the factors normally valued by the committee, I think A&M will claim the spot. A&M's winning the tournament with S. Carolina getting knocked out in the quarterfinals is going to be the deciding factor in the Ags claiming that valued final 1 seed.

The next big question for the selection show will be how many SEC teams do you let in the tourney. With the conference being the strongest conference RPI wise this year, there are 11 SEC teams hoping to get their name called tomorrow. My guess is that 9 teams will get into the tournament (A&M, USC, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Bama, Ole Miss and Arkansas) with LSU and Miss State missing out on the party. Always interesting to see how the selection committee values teams with bad records in strong RPI conferences.

Here is a link to the bracket, with the Ags hopefully claiming one of the 1 seeds and home field advantage until the College Cup, which will be played this year in Orlando, Florida.

NCAA Tournament Bracket

Eliminatus
AG
Didja forget the link there?
mazzag
gambochaman
AG
the NCAA hates us so I'm gonna go ahead and guess 2 seed
MEEN Ag 05
AG
I'm pretty sure it's mandated that we will be the 2-seed and we have to be matched up with N. Carolina as the 1-seed.....or have they removed that provision from the NCAA rulebook lately?
Aston94
AG
Thread updated with Bracket! (Which is currently blank)
'03ag
Aston94 said:

Selections and seedings will be announced Monday, November 7 at 3:30 Central.

They gonna announce in the year 2022?
Agsncws
AG
'03ag said:

Aston94 said:

Selections and seedings will be announced Monday, November 7 at 3:30 Central.

They gonna announce in the year 2022?
If the NCAAs investigation of academic scandal at North Carolina is any indication of timing - yes, 2022 seems about right.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
Aston94
AG
I give up.
MidTnAg
AG
I think we will get a #2 seed, but squeezing for a #1.

No matter, winning 13 straight games was a huge accomplishment and hope it continues for three more weeks.

CDub06
AG
gambochaman said:

the NCAA hates us so I'm gonna go ahead and guess 2 seed

Last year proves the NCAA loves us. Texas A&M gets that preferential treatment in soccer that we've seen other schools get in those other sports. I'm feeling a bit entitled today.
redd38
AG
Anyone have a link to watch the selection show?
redd38
AG
redd38 said:

Anyone have a link to watch the selection show?
http://www.ncaa.com/video
Expert Analysis
AG
http://www.ncaa.com/video/soccer-women/2017-11-06/di-womens-soccer-2017-selection-show
redd38
AG
South Carolina got a #1 seed, so we're probably a #2 seed. We're not in the same bracket though
Expert Analysis
AG
nooooo USCe gets a 1 seed
redd38
AG
We're gonna be in UNC's freakin bracket again... i just know it.
redd38
AG
Texas is a #4 seed, we won't face them though.
redd38
AG
We don't have to play Baylor either
redd38
AG
#2 vs Lamar

USC is our #3 seed

Duke is our #1 seed
Expert Analysis
AG
Lamar
Notre Dame
USC
Duke

Expert Analysis
AG
Would love for the longhorns to upset duke so they can come here
redd38
AG
Not the best draw
SoCerFrek
Friday @ 730PM
Tickets need to get posted now
Expert Analysis
AG
Tickets will go on sale to the general public beginning at 10 a.m. Wednesday, November 8.

Season Ticket Holders:
The 2017 NCAA Soccer Championship field will be announced Monday, November 6 at 3:30 p.m. on NCAA.com, with results posted on 12thman.com following the broadcast.

In the event Texas A&M is selected to host, you will retain your season ticket location for all NCAA Tournament matches held at Ellis Field.

If you wish to keep your seats, no action is required. Payments for the first round will be processed November 8 using the same credit card information given to purchase season tickets. Additional charges will be processed as the Aggies advance and continue to host each round.

If you do not wish to keep your seats or need to update your payment information, please contact us no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, November 7.

redd38
AG
9 SEC schools got in
redd38
AG
7 Texas schools got in
HiddenAg2
Absolutely ridiculous draw by the committee. A&M got absolutely shafted with a very difficult region to navigate. It's like we were punished for winning the SEC tournament. Notre Dame, USC, and Duke to make it to Orlando? Unbelievable. The amazing thing is that A&M wasn't even close to a #1 seed if you look at the standard S-curve when designing this bracket format. UCF was actually #5 and A&M #6. That is just outrageous and not defendable by the committee. At the very least we should have been in South Carolina's bracket as a #2 seed. That would have at least been somewhat fair with an easier draw. If I was Coach G I would be livid. The SEC was the #1 RPI conference this year but we didn't get the respect that the ACC or Pac 12 received.

Not much we can do but win the games in front of us starting with Lamar. Notre Dame will be a very difficult matchup in Round 2 as they are talented. That's about as tough a 2nd round draw I've seen for a #2 seed. Then we play an elite USC team that took Stanford and UCLA to the wire in their recent games in the Sweet 16. That will be very tough to advance through to get a shot at Duke in Durham. I think beating the Blue Devils on the road is just too much to ask from our current team. I hope I'm wrong. Man, I'm really pissed off at this committee. They really screwed A&M hard this year. I guess at least we weren't paired up with UNC as usual in the Elite 8 round. And of course South Carolina got the easiest draw in the tournament, only having to face UCF in the Elite 8 at home. What a joke.
Aston94
AG
So getting 2 seed and USCe getting 1 seed was tough. How tough? USCe got UCF as their 2 seed and Florida as their 3 seed, while we get Duke and USCw. So big difference in level of difficulty to get to final 4.

SEC did get 9 teams in the tournament, I believe 6 was the record for SEC before this year, so really strong conference. Arkansas's run to the SEC tourney final got them a spot in the tourney, showing the value of inviting more than 8 teams to your tournament.

Aston94
AG
I count 9:

Auburn
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Florida-3 seed
Vandy
S. Carolina-1 seed
Alabama
Arkansas
A&M-2 seed
redd38
AG
Oops, guess I missed one
Expert Analysis
AG
How the F is Notre Dame our second round opponent?

Top 20 RPI
in thier last 4 games they tied 1 seed UNC and beat 4 seed FSU. their only loss was to a defacto 5 seed in the conference tourney opener, which apparently hurt their seed, but didn't hurt USCe when they lost or help us when we won...
vwbug
HiddenAg2 said:

Absolutely ridiculous draw by the committee. A&M got absolutely shafted with a very difficult region to navigate. It's like we were punished for winning the SEC tournament. Notre Dame, USC, and Duke to make it to Orlando? Unbelievable. The amazing thing is that A&M wasn't even close to a #1 seed if you look at the standard S-curve when designing this bracket format. UCF was actually #5 and A&M #6. That is just outrageous and not defendable by the committee. At the very least we should have been in South Carolina's bracket as a #2 seed. That would have at least been somewhat fair with an easier draw. If I was Coach G I would be livid. The SEC was the #1 RPI conference this year but we didn't get the respect that the ACC or Pac 12 received.

Not much we can do but win the games in front of us starting with Lamar. Notre Dame will be a very difficult matchup in Round 2 as they are talented. That's about as tough a 2nd round draw I've seen for a #2 seed. Then we play an elite USC team that took Stanford and UCLA to the wire in their recent games in the Sweet 16. That will be very tough to advance through to get a shot at Duke in Durham. I think beating the Blue Devils on the road is just too much to ask from our current team. I hope I'm wrong. Man, I'm really pissed off at this committee. They really screwed A&M hard this year. I guess at least we weren't paired up with UNC as usual in the Elite 8 round. And of course South Carolina got the easiest draw in the tournament, only having to face UCF in the Elite 8 at home. What a joke.
Guess we should have lost it in the tournament early, seems to not have mattered winning that at all? Does the committee watch soccer? Florida State got seeded?

redd38
AG
Not only does ND have a better RPI than Florida St, they also beat them head to head. ND fans should be pissed. And A&M fans should be pissed that we got such a hard second round matchup.
redd38
AG
I'll get November Madness setup sometime tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.