*****BTHO LSU*****

3,295 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HiddenAg2
Rambotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another hard fought Win for the Aggies, 1-0!
aggie orbitalwelder
02skiag
AG
Nice last minute win!
Hand Of God
AG
Hoping Bates can return soon to help fill our attacking void.
redd38
AG
MidTnAg said:

We have got to play a lot better than this against weak teams.

This should have been a fairly easy game to win but we made it a difficult game to win.

Eight wins in a row. Incredible run.

I thought we played pretty good for the most part. We dominated the game. We just only have 1 goal scorer. Until the offense can learn to work together without Pounds then the goals are going to be scarce. That'll just take time. The good news is that our defense has really come together since starting SEC play.
Justanotherposter
We haven't had an 8 game win streak since our postseason run in 2014
biobioprof
olib
HiddenAg2
It was a struggle to find offense tonight but any win on the road is a good win, especially when we're still not at full strength. Unfortunately it will probably be like this the rest of the season because we don't have much depth offensively and without Pounds the adjustment has been very hard on the players. Watt is trying to carry the team and you can tell by her emotion at the end of the game it's really weighing on her. She desperately needs some help from either Harvey (who needs to be more offensive) or Malherbe. The team is really in a desperate situation to get Bates back on the field, so obviously the concussion was much more serious than originally thought because she's been out several games now. This team reminds me a lot of last year's SC team that just found ways to win games with late goals. Tonight was Watt's turn with 3 minutes to go.

LSU is a not a good side by any stretch and a healthy A&M squad would have throttled them. But we don't have that team anymore this season, so we're going to have to accept that every game will be a struggle to score no matter the opponent. I think the key is to come out of the gate with more intensity and effort to get the early goal to alleviate the pressure of having to score late to win games against inferior opponents.

The bottom line is 2 games to go and a SC loss to Florida (very possible) and A&M wins the SEC and should have the #1 seed at the SEC tourney. More importantly the RPI continues to rise and a #2 seed becomes a real possibility. If A&M can get Bates back at 100% and stabilize the offense with a few tweaks, we can still make some noise in the postseason.
MidTnAg
AG
redd38 said:

MidTnAg said:

This should have been a fairly easy game to win but we made it a difficult game to win.

I thought we played pretty good for the most part. We dominated the game. We just only have 1 goal scorer. Until the offense can learn to work together without Pounds then the goals are going to be scarce. That'll just take time. The good news is that our defense has really come together since starting SEC play.
We did dominate play.
We had 19 shots. LSU had 4.
We had 9 corner kicks. LSU had none.

However, we barely won and could have easily lost. When we are that much better than our opponent, we cannot wait until the 87th minute to score a goal.

19 shots and only one goal. We must do better. We have to do better.

However, winning 8 in a row is awesome. Now if only Florida would beat South Carolina in the last regular season game. . . .
MidTnAg
AG
Vanderbilt 2 #11 UTK 1

Go Vandy! Hate that UTK orange look. Reminds me of another school that sucks.
Aston94
AG
MidTnAg said:

redd38 said:

MidTnAg said:

We did dominate play.
We had 19 shots. LSU had 4.
We had 9 corner kicks. LSU had none.

However, we barely won and could have easily lost. When we are that much better than our opponent, we cannot wait until the 87th minute to score a goal.

19 shots and only one goal. We must do better. We have to do better.

However, winning 8 in a row is awesome. Now if only Florida would beat South Carolina in the last regular season game. . . .

1-0 wins when you dominate the game are not all that rare. LSU played a 4-5-1 and really stacked the box. They had a girl marking Harvey, staying with her all game, and sat back looking for a counter.
Keeper made a couple nice saves, they got a header off the line by a defender and Harvey hit the woodwork, all of which could have made this a 4-0 laugher.
Good news is the announcers said Bates should be back Sunday, so having her to help the attack as we go onto postseason will really help.
McJulie-O
AG
WTG, Ags! Hang in there, You've got this....
mullokmotx
AG
Not too many Aggie fans at the game, but I think we outnumbered the number of LSU students if you don't count the 30 or so players that LSU had in uniform. A nice group of Cosette's former teammates came over from Lafayette to cheer her on. Good to see McKayla and Kate back on the field. I was surprised to see Jimena because I thought she going to a Mexican U20 team camp. Good thing she was there. Grace Piper seemed to have a lot more touches than normal and maybe it was because all the LSU players seemed to stay in their defensive half.
sharpdressedman
The team finding a way to win, and it's a tribute to the players' determination. Bates is a difference-maker when healthy, so her return may create some magic. The winning streak is genuinely amazing considering the injury-induced adversity that has been overcome. Congratulations to the players and coaches!
HiddenAg2
I was really surprised how few LSU fans were there on their Senior day. Talk about giving up on your team. Granted, they are not good but that was an embarrassing crowd size.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.