New USMNT WC2018 Home Jersey Leaked?

3,254 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Kramer
GrapevineAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like, real or not. Possible new uni:

WSCTR
jeffk
AG
I don't hate it.
wangus12
AG
God I hate Nike
gig them
AG
I'm down with these
Mathguy64
AG
There are countless unemployed graphics designers in the country. Surely one of them can design a nice looking kit that USMNT can wear and have it last longer than a year? Is it really that hard?

I just want to donkey kick Phil Knight in his testicles.
Mathguy64
AG
jeffk said:

I don't hate it.

And sadly that's what it comes down to. It doesn't look like absolute dog***** It could be and it has been way worse.
jeffk
AG
Nike has made it pretty clear that they are just using the national teams as a vehicle to market whatever design template they want to push to the pro/college/club/school teams that season. I've gotten their catalogues for the past 10 years and they have their standard kit packages and then a couple of new ones they roll out each year - one of which is always whatever they are suiting up the national teams in.
OregonAggie
AG
...those are pretty ugly
LeonardSkinner
I wore better in middle school.
LeonardSkinner
The tweeter, Twitterer, whatever, identifies himself as a graphic designer. I'm putting a dollar down on not legit.
3rdGen2015
AG
I would buy that 100%
jeffk
AG
Maybe so, but the design he used to make the mockup in that tweet came from a guy who has connections with the major uniform companies and has been right about these sort of things plenty in the past. Here's his tweet about them below:

Mathguy64
AG
And the squiggle on the shoulders and arms looks like the seismogragh reading of a NK underground nuke test.
DuncanField91
AG
Diamonds and stripes forever.
stillmerk
AG
This 2.0?
gougler08
AG

What's so hard about just making these our uniforms and calling it a day?
powerbelly
AG
gougler08 said:

What's so hard about just making these our uniforms and calling it a day?
You can't sell the same person a new jersey every few years if you don't redesign every world cup.
Out in Left Field
AG
I think I've surrendered to the fact that I'll probably never buy a national team jersey. I always say "maybe the next one will be better..."
'03ag
Those look great.

Still prefer these

3rdGen2015
AG
If I could go back, I would buy one of these. Hated it at release, but loved how it looked during the game.

gougler08
AG
'03ag said:

Those look great.

Still prefer these

Those are awesome too. There are so many things we could do to make an iconic design and stick with it (I personally like the hoops, but I'm ok with other things too). But as someone pointed out, hard to sell more jerseys if you aren't always changing
Brick Tamland
What if we don't qualify?
Out in Left Field
AG
Brick Tamland said:

They end up in some African village like the Atlanta Falcons Super Bowl LI Champions shirts.
wangus12
AG
Centennial
Waldos
Bomb Pops
Mathguy64
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Brick Tamland said:

They end up in some African village like the Atlanta Falcons Super Bowl LI Champions shirts.

Personally delivered and handed out by ex president Gulati.
gig them
AG
Quote:

Those are awesome too. There are so many things we could do to make an iconic design and stick with it (I personally like the hoops, but I'm ok with other things too). But as someone pointed out, hard to sell more jerseys if you aren't always changing

I think that's why I'm ok with the design in the OP. It's a return to Hoops, and I think that's a good look for us. It's also not seen on the 'national team' stage very often, which gives us a sorely needed identity.

As to the national kit redesigns on an annual basis... isn't that done by just about everyone? I could have sworn most nat'l teams adjust the kit in some way every year.
gougler08
AG
gig them said:

Quote:

I think that's why I'm ok with the design in the OP. It's a return to Hoops, and I think that's a good look for us. It's also not seen on the 'national team' stage very often, which gives us a sorely needed identity.

As to the national kit redesigns on an annual basis... isn't that done by just about everyone? I could have sworn most nat'l teams adjust the kit in some way every year.

They adjust them but slightly. Netherlands is always Orange, France is blue, England in the all whites, etc
Basketball and Chain
AG
mathguy86 said:

There are countless unemployed graphics designers in the country. Surely one of them can design a nice looking kit that USMNT can wear and have it last longer than a year? Is it really that hard?

I just want to donkey kick Phil Knight in his testicles.
They don't want it to last longer than a year. It's a money making machine when they churn the jerseys every year.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'd be happy if we just had ONE consistent kit. I'd prefer it be red hoops. You can tweak it from year to year but something identifiable. You can go crazy with a second and third jersey Nike.
CoolAggie
AG
We are the Oregon Football of national teams.
LeonardSkinner
As far as credibility goes, I don't know enough to comment. But in terms of reading those tweets and links, I couldn't even follow the chain of thought.

Burry cited a post from Footy Headlines, and when I followed his link, FH cited Burry. And through everything, they repeatedly say "estimation," "approximation," etc.

Anonymous sources bother me. And given my general distaste for the "estimated" kit, I really hope this turns out to be a red herring.
LeonardSkinner
CoolAggie said:

We are the Oregon Football of national teams.

Except we're not even that cool. At least Oregon is almost always the only team to wear a particular uniform. How many times have we seen the USMNT in the same kit as some other squad, with only slightly different colors?
JJxvi
AG
It would be great to be the Oregon of international soccer. That would at least actually be an identity. We've gone through a lot of years where its been clear that we've wanted to be the bland team that just throws on a white shirt with some red and blue trim, like we need to be "traditional" like England or pick another traditional solid color team. I think after 1994 someone lost the plot (we were adidas back then I guess).
aarjon
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/11/usa-2018-away-kit.html?m=1

Bryan98
AG
Wonder what they're going to do with these designs now? Wear them anyway, in the World Cup NIT we're organizing?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.