Alexi Lalas tears into US National Team

739 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mathguy64
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

"It's dark days, indeed, but this is a time for leaders to step up," he began. "And so to the supposed leaders, I will say this....

"Tim Howard. Tim, the Belgium game ended three years ago. We need you to save the ball now. Geoff Cameron. Clean it up, or let's get someone who will.

"Clint Dempsey. Yeah, you're a national team legend; now we need you to be a national team leader.

"Michael Bradley. The U.S. does not need you to be zen, the U.S. needs you to play better."

"Jozy Altidore. Is this really as good as it gets? Because it's still not good enough."

"Bruce Arena. Jurgen Klinsmann lost at home to Mexico. You lost at home to Costa Rica. This is now all on you, not Jurgen," he continued.

"And, oh, by the way, to all the guys that I didn't mention, it's because you don't even warrant a mention. That includes you too, Wonder Boy."

jeffk
AG
Lalas is the pot-stirrer for US soccer coverage. I like him.
boogieman
AG
Good!
gig them
AG
I love it. You know he looks at this generation and sees advantages he would have killed for.
Mathguy64
AG
The best part was the end.

Quote:

too, Wonder Boy. So, what are you guys going to do? Are you going to continue to be a bunch of soft, underperforming, tattooed millionaires? You are a soccer generation that has been given everything; you are a soccer generation who's on the verge of squandering everything. So, now it's time to pay it back. Make us believe again. You don't owe it to yourselves, you owe it to us. And . . . get off my lawn."

And he is 100% spot on. The only person he left out who needs to be shredded as well is Gulati.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.