******BTHO Oregon******

3,644 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redd38
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EDIT - This Game Has Been Cancelled

I'm going to go ahead and start this one early for the weather watch...

Texas A&M opens their home schedule on Saturday at 8PM vs. the Oregon Ducks. Oregon is 1-1 (1-4 L North Carolina State; 2-0 W Kansas State).

Oregon should be concerned about Mikaela Harvey & Co. But I'm worried about another Harvey - the Tropical Storm one. Based on current projections, I can't imagine this game happens on Saturday night. I'm wondering if they try to move this game up. Just something to keep an eye on...
rausr
redd38
AG
Wow, just checked the weather, that doesn't look promising. I'm sure it'll be addressed on tonight's radio show. I wonder if they'll just cancel the game.
FalconRT90
They could play the game in Washington State!
Expert Analysis
AG
just a little rain. they aren't going to melt.
CDub06
AG
Ducks like the water. Don't want to give them home field advantage.
FalconRT90
What It Means: Oregon finishes the opening weekend at .500 and is confident heading into a week of preparation before visiting College Station, Texas, to play a ranked Texas A&M side.
Quotable:
Head Coach Kat Mertz
"We challenged the team to be a little bit grittier and have some more energy when we have the ball, so it was good to see that applied today. I am very proud of the girls."
"Texas A&M is fast and they've got some quick players in attack. They can run, so we will need to prepare for that. If we take away the intimidating home advantage, I think we will be OK."

We must be intimidating!
redd38
AG
Seems there is no plan to move the game. I'm guessing it never ends up getting played unless the forecast is way off
CDub06
AG
This match ain't happening (IMHO).
ol' army '65
AG
Forecast is for 10-15" of rain in next 7 days. https://twitter.com/HellerWeather/status/900109042705723392/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fabc13.com%2Fweather%2Fwatches-issued-ahead-of-trop-depression%2F39346%2F
HiddenAg2
This game will be cancelled. Won't see a home game until next Friday.
redd38
AG
That's a looong trip for Oregon for nothing
jvanbeek
AG
How refreshing. An actual post on the forum about Aggie Soccer! BTHO Oregon!
CDub06
AG
Excuse me, this is the weather forecast thread. You can take that kind of talk elsewhere.

They're still teasing this game on Twitter. The Fish Camp game is literally one of my favorite athletic events of the year.

EDIT: Apparently this isn't the fish camp game...
CDub06
AG
http://12thman.com/news/2017/8/24/soccer-promotions-aplenty-for-saturday-night-match.aspx

Quote:

Saturday night is Dorm Unity Night at Ellis Field.

All students with a Sports Pass will get FREE admission. Non-sports pass students who live in a dorm or campus apartment will be admitted for just $3.

The two dorms with the highest attendance will battle it out in a halftime contest to see who goes home with a $250 gift card. Students will have chances to win Texas A&M gear, Whataburger, McDonald's and more. The first 100 students get a coupon for FREE popcorn at the concession stands when they enter through the northeast gate.

This season, every time the Aggies shut out an opponent fans in attendance will receive a FREE Pepsi Zero as they exit Ellis Field through the Northeast gate.
mullokmotx
AG
I hope my ticket for the game is placed in my Flashseats account by kickoff!
Expert Analysis
AG
Lets play at the indoor football field. Or get a big tarp and string it up on the field goal net wires at kyle filed.

I would guess oklahoma st is the fish camp game, i would also guess it will be our home opener...
CDub06
AG
The Ducks will not be flying south. THE SOCCER MATCH HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

Shocking.
redd38
AG
It was just a matter of time before this game got cancelled, there's no way it was going to be played on Saturday. Oh well. Everyone stay safe out there.
rausr
AG
BQ_90
AG
wth did they not move it to tonight
mullokmotx
AG
Oregon was probably flying commercial into Houston and thought there was too much risk their return trip might be in jeopardy. G has commented on his radio show about the SEC having a plan if conference games are disrupted by hurricanes. This means we only have 17 regular season games and G will need to decide if we want to give up some rest during the season to make it up.
redd38
AG
BQ_90 said:

wth did they not move it to tonight

Probably not real reasonable with a school as far away as Oregon.
Chuck Gay
AG
There should be options to add a game as lots of programs in our region are cancelling games this weekend.
Pinata Man
No make up:
Expert Analysis
AG
from a team name standpoint, that was the 2nd best non-conference home game...
should provide all season ticket holders with first round NCAA tickets for free
An Ag in CO
AG
That just means Oregon will not make up the game. I know that on the men's side some of the teams impacted are rescheduling replacement games with different opponents. So it's possible A&M could find another opponent that has a suitable open spot (I don't know the schedule, though).
Rambotx
mullokmotx said:

I hope my ticket for the game is placed in my Flashseats account by kickoff!
I had the same issue. Called the 12TH Man ticketing and they instantly verified/sent all tickets to my Flash Seats Account.
mullokmotx
AG
I called the ticket office and they said my tickets had been "staged" but not in my account, and they put them in my account shortly thereafter. If you have soccer tickets being sent to your Flash Seats account you should check to make sure they are there before the next game and call the ticket office if they are not.
redd38
AG
I'm starting to get concerned about playing next Friday's game too. Might still be getting rain from Harvey that day.
mullokmotx
AG
I only see two possible makeup game dates: Sunday, September 17 and Sunday, October 15. On both dates we play the following Thursday.
redd38
AG
Oregon added UC Irvine to their schedule to make up for the cancelled game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.