****** BTHO San Diego ******

4,295 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AGGIES WIN 2-0
SoCerFrek
Gig'em
Rambotx
Bring on the Ducks!
Hand Of God
AG
Thought we'd see a more dominating Watt this season. Hopefully she finds her top form as the year progresses. Need to weight our balls over the top to allow her time and space to run onto them. Also would like to see her making more diagonal runs. Everything just seems one beat off at the moment. Repetition should help.
redd38
AG
Hand Of God said:

Thought we'd see a more dominating Watt this season. Hopefully she finds her top form as the year progresses. Need to weight our balls over the top to allow her time and space to run onto them. Also would like to see her making more diagonal runs. Everything just seems one beat off at the moment. Repetition should help.

Yep, time to fire Watt.
Hand Of God
AG
Right, because that's what I said.
redd38
AG
Hand Of God said:

Right, because that's what I said.

Sorry, I thought we were both just making crazy statements.
Hand Of God
AG
You must be rather fragile if a very mild criticism of a player triggers you that easily.
redd38
AG
Hand Of God said:

You must be rather fragile if a very mild criticism of a player triggers you that easily.

It wasn't a mild criticism of a player, it was lunacy. Like calling an elephant pink, it's just comically dumb. Wait till the season is more than 3 days old before you start with your miserable, negative, inaccurate assessments of it. Or better yet just go away, no one wants to read your crap. It'll be one less thing for us to make fun of, but we can probably manage without it for a few seasons. Take the time to figure out whatever in your life makes you so despondent and fix it, then come back and enjoy life with us.
Hand Of God
AG
I'm just glad the team has such a brave internet patrol constantly monitoring this forum to defend their every move. You're a real hero.
tysker
AG
A fight between posters on a female college soccer forum in Texas.... Soccer really is growing in popularity
FalconRT90
I'm your huckleberry. I'll come in person.
jeffk
AG
If I find a men's league team to play with this fall, will you guys come watch and then break into two groups to criticize and defend my play?
monarch
S
Forget the calls. We won two games.
HiddenAg2
I was much more encouraged with the performance today, especially the first 20 minutes of the match. A&M was relentless and pressured San Diego without mercy and probably should have scored about 3 goals during that timeframe if not for some spectacular saves by their GK. The midfield was connecting a lot of passes during the 1st half and Harvey came out on a mission after a quiet first game - she was all over the place and setup the first goal to Pounds. The energy and focus was there from the entire team and that's how I thought the team would play all year.

A&M really dominated the match and created a lot of chances on goal. We still need to finish some of those shots but I think their GK stopped a few that would normally be in the back of the net. Although the backline played well overall, I'm still a bit nervous on those counter-attacks when we lose the ball in the midfield. If the midfielders don't get back quickly we are outnumbered and have to make a good tackle or block to prevent a shot on goal. Jimena Lopez is really playing well and scored again off a PK. She had a couple of services into the box that were top notch. Rheagan Smith looked dangerous at times and I think she could be a really good player for us in the coming years. We could have her and Watt up top together next year to terrorize defenses. As someone else pointed out, our through-balls forward need better touches to give Watt a chance for breakaways.

Overall a solid weekend with some things to work on, but 2-0 is what we needed to build momentum for the rest of the nonconference. With only a tricky match with Kansas on the road left, I think we have a real chance to run the table going into SEC play. Looking forward to seeing the team in person next weekend.
CDub06
AG
Who had Jimena as the leading scorer after the first weekend? She seems to be the team favorite. It's fun to see this team playing together. There's a lot more balance on this team than last year.

The games were ugly at times, but A&M is a satisfying 2-0 after opening away from home. I do think the Aggies are more than 2 goals better than San Diego. But after watching the 2nd half of Pepperdine/Va Tech, I really think those are two quality sides (and USD gave Va Tech fits too).
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Malherbe made some good runs and crosses down the right side . Looks greatly improved over last year !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
HiddenAg2
Good point on Malherbe, she was fantastic yesterday as well.

Jimena is becoming a fan favorite no doubt. I thought she would be a starter in the off-season once she stepped on campus and she has not disappointed. My favorite part of her game is how she can serve/pass balls into space with great touch. That is very hard to teach.
CDub06
AG
USD did not appreciate our confetti (though it is earth friendly and biodegradable). This was a pretty sick burn.

FalconRT90
TDS Team of the Week!

D Jimena Lopez, Texas A&M
https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/tds-womens-team-of-the-week:-aug-21_aid42303
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Fun watching Lopez picking off dribblers in her area - believe she got 100% of them !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.