What's going on at Barcelona?

2,474 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AGC
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

Not sure where to post this question. I have a chance to go see either FC Barcelona v SD Eibar on 9/19 or Real Madrid v Real Betis on 9/20. I'm a fake futbol fan who mostly watches the World Cup and plays Fifa every now and then. Which game should I see and which team should I t-shirt bandwagon on? I realize this is a bit like asking if I should be a Yankees or Red Sox fan and possibly an obnoxious, borderline offensive question.

Madrid. Superior opponent if nothing else.

Ticketmaster sells their tickets after the socios buy them (should open up a few days before), that's how'd I'd do it rather than scalpers. Definitely avoid the metro stop outside the stadium after the game. Packed and tons of pickpockets. Worth the walk to nuevos ministerios before hopping on. Bocadillos for sale in shops south of the stadium, grab some beers beforehand and take the sandwich in for halftime. Enjoy!!
aarjon
If you decide on Barcelona you should hang out at Las Ramblas after the match.
jeffdjohnson
Bought tickets to Real Madrid v Real Betis. Oddly they won't take US credit cards over the phone or on their official website. Ticketmaster Spain eventually let me buy them after being denied a few times. I'm still not sure why. I guess they are worried about scalping or trying to keep the fan base local? Thanks for all the tips.
AGC
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

Bought tickets to Real Madrid v Real Betis. Oddly they won't take US credit cards over the phone or on their official website. Ticketmaster Spain eventually let me buy them after being denied a few times. I'm still not sure why. I guess they are worried about scalping or trying to keep the fan base local? Thanks for all the tips.

Weird. I had no problem using my US card for 5 games in the '08-'10 campaigns, either for liga or champions (purchased both domestically and in Spain).

Glad you got the tickets!! Machines are on the north side of the stadium, unless they've moved them (for reference, the metro stop is on the west side). Lines moved pretty fast when I was there for pickup. Just make sure to have your card. Where are your seats?
Gigem Trevas
Paulinho 2 goals in 2 games.
AGC
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

What are you wearing so we can look for you? MAGA hat? Cargo shorts and crocs?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.