TDS NCAA D1 Women Ranking

1,672 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mullokmotx
FalconRT90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/women

1. Penn State
2. Stanford
3. West Virginia
4. Florida State
5. Duke

12. South Carolina
15. Florida
18. Arkansas
22. Texas A&M
25. Auburn

Aston94
AG
I will place bets with anyone who will take it that we do not finish 22 or lower.
sharpdressedman
Fourth of fifth in the SEC would be a shocking disappointment (to me). Not happening.
HiddenAg2
A&M is the best team in the SEC on paper. It's really not close. Now, of course, you have to play the games and win the games to actually be great. I would start A&M in the Top 10 based on expectations.
mullokmotx
AG
Top Drawer Soccer has their SEC preview up and by the order in which the teams are mentioned they have us 6th.
None of our players are in their preseason first, second or third team All American teams but Addie McCain is in their national freshmen Top 11.
HiddenAg2
TDS obviously didn't do much research into the A&M roster compared to other teams in the SEC. They basically just take last year's standings and project out the same results. Pretty pathetic actually.
redd38
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

TDS obviously didn't do much research into the A&M roster compared to other teams in the SEC. They basically just take last year's standings and project out the same results. Pretty pathetic actually.

Well duh. It's a women's soccer preseason poll. Even football, which is obsessed over by millions, has pretty worthless preseason polls. They could just list the teams alphabetically and call it a preseason poll and it would still have the desired impact, which is to get people talking about it. In fact, the worse the poll is the better it achieves that goal. Thus the reason to disregard preseason polls in particular, but all polls in general. There is a greater reward for a controversial poll than for an accurate poll.
HiddenAg2
Fair point but I've seen some pretty good preseason polls in the past, especially on ESPN for major sports, that actually take into consideration roster changes, incoming recruits, etc. But I know no cares enough to do it for women's soccer, except maybe All White Kit.
CDub06
AG
I always enjoy the AWK stuff the best. Though he's often a bit late in posting his preseason analysis for the "real conferences."
rausr
AG
We move up to #19 to start their week #2 rankings:

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/women
CDub06
AG
And it looks like Chris from AWK posted his Preseason SEC feature on Saturday:
http://www.allwhitekit.com/?p=15466

He's got A&M #2 behind South Carolina. Seems about right.
HiddenAg2
A&M jumped to #16 in the new coaches poll. We'll continue to move up fast. Penn State went to #9 from unranked.
CDub06
AG
Penn State really loaded up their non-conference schedule. After the Arkansas match this weekend, their next three are @ West Virginia, Vs. UNC, @ Virginia.
mullokmotx
AG
I was looking at the Top Drawer Soccer preseason Top 100 players. I don't think this ranking has freshmen.
Stanford, Penn State and FSU had 5 players each, Duke had 4, and us, BYU, Notre Dame and UNC had 3. Our players were Haley at 34, Ally at 40 and Mikaela at 92.
On our opponents, USC had 2, DePaul 2, Florida surprisingly only 1, Auburn 1, Kansas 1 and Arkansas 2.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.