The D1 adventure has started

505 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jeffk
An Ag in CO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I dropped my son off at his university on Tuesday so he could begin training with his new team and get through the various medical and fitness tests. The first phase of training goes through the 8th and then the next phase begins, which will take them through the playing season. I was able to watch his first evening practice and the speed, physicality, and intensity was a few notches up from what he's experienced during the summer.

Many of his teammates played on PDL teams during the summer and one of them made the best XI so there's definitely a lot of talent on the team. My son isn't the type who gets intimidated so he matched what the returning players were doing. I got to meet most of his new teammates and they were very easy to talk to. They're also pretty focused on soccer and my son appreciates that.

Their game schedule for the season is tough and the non-conference road trips will be to some good locations and we'll see how many games we can watch in person. I don't think he'll have a sense of how much playing time he'll get his freshman year, but the two exhibition games will probably be a good indicator. He's listed on the roster in his preferred midfield position and he's looking forward to that after having played most DA games as a defensive back.

I'll post updates once the games begin.
wangus12
AG
Congrats on getting that far. Best of luck to you guys this season
jeffk
AG
Enjoy it!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.