Pick my EPL Team

3,026 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mathguy64
mike_ags_fan12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spurs all day. COYS.
Bryan98
AG
Man, Chelsea's new Nike jersey is so boring and plain. Nike sucks at soccer. I wish Adidas had the US Soccer contract.

To be fair to Nike, the Gold Cups are my favorite jerseys ever, but the material is terrible and rough compared to Adidas.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Everton. I follow Everton because I had some scouse neighbors growing up and it was be blue or get your ass kicked. Liverpool was more respectable than the nancy-boy Manchester United (or their kid sister man city) and London clubs were trash. If it was Chelsea, you could get your nails done at the salon with the ladies. If it was arsenal, you could go handbag shopping. At least spurs weren't trying to be something they weren't (a north London club - cough cough - arsenal) so didn't get railed on.

So our new stadium at Bramley Moore dock will be amazing. COYB.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is the new Everton stadium for sure?
byfLuger41
AG
Bryan98 said:

Man, Chelsea's new Nike jersey is so boring and plain. Nike sucks at soccer. I wish Adidas had the US Soccer contract.

To be fair to Nike, the Gold Cups are my favorite jerseys ever, but the material is terrible and rough compared to Adidas.

We all agree with you. Terrible first kit.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
There is real momentum and actual financing this time. I would say the likelihood is north of 75%.

Goodison is really neat but it is a relic and needs a modern replacement. Just walking the Bullens End Stand, there is no way that place would ever meet any modern fire code. There are also internal support beams that cause serious sight line issues.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Interesting. I've never been there. I'll say that as a non-Everton fan I love An field and Goodison being so close but if for the health of the franchise a new stadium gives them a boost then I guess I'm supportive of it. I'd love for the derby to really be between two dominant teams.
CoolAggie
AG
Watch as many EPL games as you possibly can and read up on the history of the teams (pardon me, football clubs). I don't think you pick the team, the team picks you.

Also, this is a good summary (albeit a year old and needs to be updated due to relegation):

New Fans Guide

If you can't make up you mind, go with The Arsenal. COYG!
monarch
S
I would like to see the scope and the plans to build Chelsea's new ground. Considering where they are going to build the complex, they are going have a logistical nightmare moving finished goods and equipment into position. I have been to Stamford Brudge to watch them play twice (Norwich and Everton) and there is no maneuvering space.

Anyway, become a Spurs supporter.
Peace for Ukraine!
PatAg
AG
mathguy86 said:

Sometimes you pick a team because you are really picking a player. As other have said, watch lots of games this season. You will gravitate to one in contention and likely one not.
This was the best suggestion. We aren't from any of these cities or neighborhoods, so the people who overdo their support in the States are a bit silly.
PatAg
AG
PatAg said:

mathguy86 said:

Sometimes you pick a team because you are really picking a player. As other have said, watch lots of games this season. You will gravitate to one in contention and likely one not.
This was the best suggestion. We aren't from any of these cities or neighborhoods, so the people who overdo their support in the States are a bit silly.
As a follow up, I wouldn't pick a team before the season. I would also say don't let anyone on here's opinions of the various clubs influence you. If you have any friends you speak to regularly, then you can also either pick a club they support and you van watch together...or you can pick one of their rivals and enjoy it that way...but again, imo, its a little silly for us over here to act in that manner...but I'm sure it's fun to follow that way.
deadbq03
AG
The correct answer if you're looking to avoid the bandwagon entirely is to watch the Bundesliga instead of the EPL.

Only half-joking there. I don't follow an EPL team, but I kinda wish I did because there's a lot more of a fan community here for EPL. If want to find an EPL team, the advice in here is good... just keep watching. You'll slowly eliminate teams you clearly don't like and start gravitating to one team.

I'd add another consideration that hasn't yet been mentioned: family heritage.

With lack of any other reason, I leaned toward a club closest to where my ancestors came from. I fell in love with their style of play and became a fan.
Mathguy64
AG
Hopefully OP didn't pick Arsenal. If he did it's gonna be a looooonnnnng season
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.