Fifa rankings

972 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jeffk
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know the fifa rankings are Basically garbage, but does anyone have any idea why we would fall 12 spaces in the new polls? We haven't lost a match since Arenas took over.
Aston94
AG
They are year over year rankings, so maybe we lost a lot of points from a previous year. The rankings are a joke. HTH
10Aggie10
AG
the 2013 results that fell off the rankings:

4-3 W over Germany (friendly)
2-1 W over Jamaica (WCQ)
2-0 W over Panama (WCQ)
1-0 W over Honduras (WCQ)

I can't find the new rankings; it looks to me like they aren't supposed to come out for a couple more days, but it's possible that some Gold Cup wins from 2013 also might be falling off the rankings.

The new rankings are adding 2 draws and 2 wins ( 2 friendlies and 2 WCQ) so the stuff following off was more valuable than the new stuff being added. The FIFA rankings are pretty dumb, but I hope that answers your question. Next month's rankings will include all of the 2017 Gold Cup so we should be bouncing right back up
ChipFTAC01
AG
Thanks. I didn't make the effort to go back and look what was falling off. I know the formula puts more weight on more recent results so it's surprising that trading those 4 wins for the current results dropped us a dozen spots.
jeffk
AG
Fire Arena!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.