Oklahoma St's new $20 million stadium

2,639 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by blake2003
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks nice, but seems like it should be a bit cheaper. I guess $20 million doesn't go as far as it used to.

http://orange.okstate.com/soccer/
CDub06
AG
Looks like we might be one of the first teams to play in it if we give them a return game next season.
Mathguy64
AG
Their home attendance seems to run 200-300 for most games. Thats a big expensive stadium for 300 people.
CDub06
AG
Username checks out
redd38
AG
I could see this new stadium pushing their attendance up to close to 400
BQ_90
AG
Club level and locker rooms, that's where the money is going
Terk
AG
redd38 said:

I could see this new stadium pushing their attendance up to close to 400
redd38
AG
BQ_90 said:

Club level and locker rooms, that's where the money is going

Still looks like a sub-$10m job.
HiddenAg2
It's a really nice facility. Could be tops in the US when completed. Most of the money is going to the non-stadium aspects.

A&M has a nice facility but still has work to do on the East side renovation, more club areas like OSU will have for gathering at halftime etc. Eventually I'd love to see A&M fully enclose the stadium with a roof all the way around like some smaller venues in England.
Out in Left Field
AG
You only get there with a mini-bus sponsorship.
jessexy
AG
Field is a nice playing surface. but the locker rooms are currently in an abandoned apartment building on the back side of the stadium. Kinda looks like something on a First 48 episode. Not exactly Division 1 material there.
Carnwellag2
Very underwhelming
redd38
AG
I'm just whelmed
randy828
AG
My old teammate and opponent is still their coach. Colin played club soccer in Houston and went to Jersey Village high school where we (Cypress Creek) used to beat the crud out of them. He has been very successful at OSU. Good for him!
HiddenAg2
I wonder if Colin is in any type of hotseat there considering the program has really collapsed since their great years when they made Elite 8s consistently 5-7 years ago. They haven't been the same since we left for the SEC. Not sure what happened to them.
redd38
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

I wonder if Colin is in any type of hotseat there considering the program has really collapsed since their great years when they made Elite 8s consistently 5-7 years ago. They haven't been the same since we left for the SEC. Not sure what happened to them.

They had one good player, she graduated, they went back to being who they were.
blake2003
AG
Redd be nice, they had 2.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.