Texas A&M 2017 Soccer Schedule is Live! (Non Conference for Now)

7,486 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mullokmotx
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Arkansas is here on sept 29th
Where do you see this?

If that's true then this is our conference schedule so far:

9/21 - Florida at Texas A&M
9/29 - Arkansas at Texas A&M
10/5 - Alabama at Texas A&M
10/8 - Texas A&M at Georgia
10/13 - Ole Miss at Texas A&M
10/22 - Vanderbilt at Texas A&M
10/26 - Texas A&M at Miss St

We don't play Tennessee or Kentucky. That leaves Missouri, Auburn, S Carolina, and LSU on our schedule somewhere (mostly away, maybe one at home but probably not).
Wicked Good Ag
A lot of family in Arkansas and one of them works within soccer circles so to speak part time. They know the Arkansas schedule and might be coming down that weekend
redd38
AG
That means these are our home games:

Oregon
Oklahoma St
Depaul
Butler
Cal St Fullerton
Florida
Arkansas
Alabama
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt

Just 10 is kind of a low number, but we do also have 2 exhibition matches as well (Sam Houston St & Northwestern St). Not a real sexy schedule, but should be a fun team to watch this year.
Diego
AG
mullokmotx
AG
G said last year that the conference was going to a 10 game league schedule starting this year. Surprised we are playing MSU there since we were there last year.
redd38
AG
mullokmotx said:

G said last year that the conference was going to a 10 game league schedule starting this year. Surprised we are playing MSU there since we were there last year.
I remember that too, but I could have sworn Florida had 11 SEC games on their schedule. But I just counted again and they only have 10.
CDub06
AG
To be fair, counting is really hard.
redd38
AG
CDub06 said:

To be fair, counting is really hard.
Well their whole schedule doesn't fit on one page so it's hard to scroll and count!
CDub06
AG
We're live!

http://12thman.com/news/2017/6/22/aggies-release-2017-soccer-schedule.aspx
gig them
AG
Quote:

"This year, our SEC schedule is slightly different than in the past," Guerrieri said. "It takes on an SEC baseball and football model, where we play everyone in the Western Division plus four teams from the Eastern Division. The SEC also changed the schedule to split weekends. Whenever we have a Thursday and Sunday match, one game is always home and one is away. It ensures we miss less school and we have a home match almost every week of the season. It's a big bonus for our great Aggie soccer fans."

Nice wrinkle for the upcoming year
redd38
AG
gig them said:

Quote:

"This year, our SEC schedule is slightly different than in the past," Guerrieri said. "It takes on an SEC baseball and football model, where we play everyone in the Western Division plus four teams from the Eastern Division. The SEC also changed the schedule to split weekends. Whenever we have a Thursday and Sunday match, one game is always home and one is away. It ensures we miss less school and we have a home match almost every week of the season. It's a big bonus for our great Aggie soccer fans."

Nice wrinkle for the upcoming year
It's like they don't want people to go to games.

Previously you could come into town for a weekend and see 2 home games. Or you could find a favorable away weekend and see 2 away games.

Then we moved to the SEC and the favorable away weekends went away.

Then they moved games to Thursday and you had to make it a long weekend to see 2 home games.

Then they split home/away so you can only watch 1 game per weekend.

Next all the games are going to be played at 5am just to make sure any remaining fans lose interest.
Diego
AG
Florida (9/21), Mizzou (9/24), and probably a couple of other games will be televised.
HiddenAg2
I agree the new schedule format is terrible and very unfriendly to fans. It's also stupid logic for the conference to say it creates more time for studies. How is being on a plane every weekend more time? It's much easier to simply be gone 3 weekends a year for conference games. I liked the old Friday/Sunday format so you could catch 2 games on the weekend, but I understand why they've adopted the ACC format to give players more rest between games.
HiddenAg2
Diego said:

Will any of the games be televised?
Almost every game will be either televised or on SEC Network+ (WatchESPN). The only game that definitely won't be available to watch is the opener vs. Pepperdine.
Penaltykick
While I remain excited for the season as I think the team is well positioned for a run to the College Cup, I also really hate this new "split schedule" format. Will make it more difficult for fans to travel and I generally don't understand the "more time to study" rationale.

So glad that SECNetwork and SEC+ are available for great coverage. Any idea who will co-announce with David Ellis this year?
blake2003
AG
Ok, who's joining CDub and I in San Diego?
redd38
AG
blake2003 said:

Ok, who's joining CDub and I in San Diego?

I'm a weak "maybe". Gotta see how some things go next week.
FalconRT90
I will be joining. This will be one of the few weekends with 2 games at the same location.

Boo to the SEC for this schedule.
David Ellis
AG
The very talented and irrepressible Kristi Leonard will be back for another year. Can't wait to get started. So looking forward to watching this team.
redd38
AG
David Ellis said:

The very talented and irrepressible Kristi Leonard will be back for another year. Can't wait to get started. So looking forward to watching this team.

Does that mean she'll be unavailable to do guest commentary on my periscope feed?
David Ellis
AG
As her self-appointed agent, based on my experience with your resident hecklers (Blake), I will advise her strongly against it.
blake2003
AG
I would like to defend myself against this slander, but it's true.
Diego
AG
Cal State-Fullerton game has been cancelled and replaced with Utah Valley State.
CDub06
AG
That's weird...
redd38
AG
I'm guessing that game is a victim of the California travel ban. Utah Valley and Cal St Fullerton ended with almost identical RPIs last year so not a big change in that regard.
FalconRT90
California ban stops state employees from traveling on the states dime to Texas.
mullokmotx
AG
The good side to this is that the team will be able to enjoy all of the activities with the men's football team home game against Louisiana Lafayette since the CSF game was the next day. The bad side is the schedule has the game on Monday October 2 so when we play at Georgia the next Sunday that will be our third game in 7 days.

Looks like there will be 3 other men's football games the players can go to since they don't have a game the next day: USC, MSU and New Mexico, with the last assuming we host the first round and play on Friday.

Diego
AG
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit has our non conference strength of schedule ranked 26th toughest. Don't know if that included CSF or Utah Valley but another poster thought the RPI's of those 2 were similar.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.