El Clasico

2,950 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by snowdog90
stillmerk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1-1 at half.
Jock92
AG
Shout out to the "wonderful refugees"? WTF?
boogieman
AG
Straight red?
wangus12
AG
I can kind of see it. It would have been a definite yellow. He is definitely showing studs
who?mikejones
AG
boogieman said:

Straight red?

No doubt about it.
wangus12
AG
Both keepers have been awesome today.
boogieman
AG
Navas making some stops! Wow.
(Not sure who I'm rooting for in this one)
tremble
AG
Does the touch him though, not sure about that
wangus12
AG
Sweet goal
boogieman
AG
Amazing.
wangus12
AG
Thats what I'm wondering. If he doesn't, you give the foul for "impeding" maybe? I don't know.
wangus12
AG
Messi showed up today. Ronaldo has not
boogieman
AG
Wow. You could see that coming a mile away.
Still beautiful
boogieman
AG
I'm pretty sure the announcer just had a stroke too!
Jock92
AG
Insane
gambochaman
AG
THATS WHAT A CLASICO IS SUPPOSED TO BE HOLY. CRAP

THE GOAT DOING GOAT THINGS
tremble
AG
**** Messi in his midget *******
deadbq03
AG
Don't care for either team but still really glad I watched this. Marvelous.
Gordo14
Legend:

https://streamable.com/14rvx
Gordo14
imgur.com/gallery/QBr7Z
datrixstunna
AG
gambochaman said:

Dont know what you are talking about but the GOAT Ronaldo had a bad day. He is the only GOAT on the pitch. Guess that wanker Messi finally showed up during a matchm
gambochaman
AG
LOL
gambochaman
AG

The one and only GOAT

datrixstunna
AG
What is he doing? Laundry?
gambochaman
AG
Interesting bit of history

Real Madrid has lost a #LaLiga game AT HOME on added time for the very first time in their history
snowdog90
datrixstunna said:

gambochaman said:

Dont know what you are talking about but the GOAT Ronaldo had a bad day. He is the only GOAT on the pitch. Guess that wanker Messi finally showed up during a matchm

Don't know if serious but Messi is the best ever. Better, classier, more fun to watch than Ronaldo. Messi has more goals, more assists, more trophies, and is 2 years younger. Not sure why this is even a discussion anymore.
Dre_00
snowdog90 said:

datrixstunna said:

gambochaman said:

Don't know if serious but Messi is the best ever. Better, classier, more fun to watch than Ronaldo. Messi has more goals, more assists, more trophies, and is 2 years younger. Not sure why this is even a discussion anymore.
Hmmm...let's break this down.

Classier:

Completely arbitrary statement. I'll just say that evading taxes isn't very classy. Ronaldo gives a **** ton to charity. But honestly, it's a completely subjective opinion so who cares?

More fun to watch:

See above.

More goals:

False. Ronaldo has scored more goals.

More assists:

True. Messi has more assists.

More trophies:

At the club level, yes. At the international level, no.

Better:

I can't disagree with someone who said that Messi was better than Ronaldo. I can't disagree with someone who said that Ronaldo was better. But to call it "not a discussion" is ludicrous. I mean they it's 5 to 4 in Ballon D'Ors for God's sake.
birdman
When did Cristiano Ronaldo even pass Johan Cruyff?
snowdog90
My bad. in 150+ more games, Ronaldo has 31 more goals. Messi has 30+ more assists in 150+ less games.

I'm not saying Ronaldo sucks. He is obviously amazing, but he is already sliding out of his prime, rarely making those one-on-one runs at defenders with the ball at his feet like he used to do. Ronaldo has become more of a target man than a creator, as evidenced by his hat trick vs. Bayern.

Messi is still firmly in his prime, creating brilliant play after brilliant play, running at defenders with the ball on a string, as evidenced by today's game.

Messi is already ahead of CR in every category except goals, with 2 years less played and more prime years left. As good as Ronaldo is, he's not as good as Messi, and it seems pretty obvious to me.
snowdog90
At the international level, Messi.has a U-20.WC championship and an Olympic gold medal. Portugal won Euro last year with CR on the bench. Have they won anything else with CR?
who?mikejones
AG
I used to think it was a fair fight between messi and Ronaldo. They are both great.

But I started going back and watching more tape and it isn't close. Messi wins by miles.

Ronaldo is a great goal scorer. He moves great off the ball. One of the best ever. But he doesn't dribble people at the goat level. He doesn't pass at the goat level. He doesn't make his teammates better at the goat level.

Messi does all those things at a higher level and is at least an equally talented goal scorer.
aggie7911
who?mikejones said:

I used to think it was a fair fight between messi and Ronaldo. They are both great.

But I started going back and watching more tape and it isn't close. Messi wins by miles.

Ronaldo is a great goal scorer. He moves great off the ball. One of the best ever. But he doesn't dribble people at the goat level. He doesn't pass at the goat level. He doesn't make his teammates better at the goat level.

Messi does all those things at a higher level and is at least an equally talented goal scorer.
Except in when he plays for Argentina thats were CR7 has him.
snowdog90
aggie7911 said:

who?mikejones said:

Except in when he plays for Argentina thats were CR7 has him.

What??? This is just silly. Messi with Argentina the last three years has three 2nd place finishes, WC and 2 Copas. Portugal won the Euro Championship game with CR on the bench. How does this make CR better internationally?
datrixstunna
AG
Wow these messi fanboys are sensitive.
who?mikejones
AG
Didn't realize having a debate made me a fanboy or sensitive.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.