NFL players - dominating in soccer? Nope.

791 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by titanmaster_race
LondonOllie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sometimes I pay a visit to the Politics board, just to see how crazy the world can be sometimes.

Currently there is a debate going on with some people thinking NFL atheletes would dominate in soccer. The thread didn't start out that way, but that is the direction it's gone in.

It's interesting that people really think within a year or two that they could beat the best. Also their understanding of athleticism is low if some of them think that an elite soccer player isn't as athletic as an NFL player. A different type of athlete to be sure, but definitely just as athletic.

Not sure why there is such a silly competitiveness anyway. I love both sports.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2846430

TXAggie2011
AG
Well, regarding the "competitiveness", the fact that they might know you read that thread is probably too much interaction with a "European" for some of those folks to handle.

Although with Brexit perhaps they're more willing to interact via the internet with someone named "LondonOllie."
TXAggie2011
AG
I'm glad to see they got in a swipe at A&Ms women's basketball team, too.
aggie7911
London we miss your input over there how there are no problems in London and the utopia there is working..

Come back.
LondonOllie
I live in Murrica but always love getting back to London when I can - it's always great there. One of the greatest cities in the world.

Can't be arsed to post on the politics board. It's just an echo chamber of right wing views and I've never seen anyone change their position after input from others. I'll have a peek there from time to time but would rather just leave them to it.

PS: Your post needs editing. It's a bit confusing.
Mathguy64
AG
The stamina of a high end soccer team would have football players bending over yakkkng and gasping for air in 15 minutes.
deadbq03
AG
I think the only position that an NFL or NBA stud has any hope of being really good at in a year or two is keeper.

I could definitely see some guys becoming serviceable MLS or Tier 2 Euro league starters on the back line, but of course, that's not even close to being the best of the best.

On the other hand... Michael Jordan's illustrious baseball career always stands out to me as a striking example about how best-in-world skill in one sport doesn't necessarily mean jack crap in another.
Mathguy64
AG
Crossover elite athletes are few and far between. The Bo Jacksons of the world come up once a generation or more. Pro level athletes spend the entire life honing the skills that make them elite in that sport and those skills do not just translate over to another. And being fast isn't a skill. I'm sorry. A pro DB isn't going to be an MLS level player any more than a pro DB is going to be a AAA baseball player or NBA player.
titanmaster_race
It's the politics board. They're crazy.

If they ever realized how similar they are to the flaming libtards they hate so much, their heads would explode.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.