You be the ref. AKA Offisde is hard

764 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ja86
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everyone complains in every team thread about missed calls. Missed offside. Missed cards. Missed this, missed that. Its harder than it looks. Take offside. Offside can be easy to spot or it can be a straight out guess, especially at speed. You get one shot at it live and have maybe 1 second of real time to process what you see and make a decision. Here is a link over to a news article that has a video test of your skills as a referee on offside.

The video has 8 clips of a ball being played through with players moving in opposite direction - defender moving up as if its a trap, offensive player moving to goal. You judge each one as onside or offside. After the video you can enter your answers for each trial and see if you are right or wrong.

Here are the rules.
1. No slow motion or freeze frame. When you have a flag in your hand you dont get that option. Its at speed and in real time.
2. You can only watch the video once. No going back to see it a second time. You only get one shot at it live so why get two online?
3. What, you missed one because you were not ready? Yeah, that sucks in real life on the field too. Take a guess. I can tell you the criteria on the field is that if you dont see it or are not certain the flag stays down and you play on. So in that sense its not a guess. You are either certain its offside or its not.
wangus12
AG
7/8

Missed number 3
CDub06
AG
EIGHT OUT OF EIGHT SUCKAS

I'm printing this out to carry with me as my license to heckle officials. Thanks for the validation.
titanmaster_race
7/8

missed #7
ja86
AG
I'm ****ing old and I missed placed my glasses
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.