***** USMNT vs Honduras WCQ Thread *****

7,864 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by snowdog90
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to sleep early and watched this when I woke up at 6. Great way to start the day.
who?mikejones
AG
We seemed angry and they weren't prepared. It's not that they were any better or worse than normal, we just took advantage of every opportunity given to us, which is unusual.

Also, Dempsey looked like his old pre-whiney self and pulisic is an all around terror to defend. That combination was tough for Honduras to handle.
Mathguy64
AG
Missed the whole thing. My playoff game that was supposed to kick at 6:00 had a 3 hour lightning delay. We started at 9:00 and didn't end until almost 11:00. Didn't get home until it was over.
Gordo14
That was a fascistic game. When we win in Panama we will be in fantastic shape in qualifying.
PatAg
AG
We've had games before where we scored a lot of meh goals.

This game we looked dangerous from the get go. There was a lot of great soccer being played on and off the ball, consistent combination play as well.
Pahdz
I thought you saw a lot of things from guys last night that was really eye opening. For me, I never really appreciated Jozy's passing ability, and last night it really caught my attention.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
There are times when a new manager makes all the difference in the world. I think we saw some of that last night.
fig96
AG
blindey said:

There are times when a new manager makes all the difference in the world. I think we saw some of that last night.
I think that plus Pulisic being given the freedom to create made a massive difference (and the two are obviously linked).

We were fun to watch last night and looked genuinely dangerous. I haven't been able to say that about a USA squad in quite some time.
PatAg
AG
they said it a lot on the broadcast, but players having more defined roles and understanding of where to be in relation to each other makes a huge difference. I dont want to see Bradley and jones together centrally ever again. Both are good players, though.
PatAg
AG
Mlssoccer.com has a good article called armchair analyst or something like that.
Jason_Ag98
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BSENsoCATih
byfLuger41
TheMasterplan
who?mikejones said:

We seemed angry and they weren't prepared. It's not that they were any better or worse than normal, we just took advantage of every opportunity given to us, which is unusual.

Also, Dempsey looked like his old pre-whiney self and pulisic is an all around terror to defend. That combination was tough for Honduras to handle.
Clint was all smiles the entire night. His perspective has probably changed a little bit after that heart scare.
BQ_00
AG
Replay at 6pm on FS2 (618 on DTV) for those who may want to watch.
jeffk
AG
Hey, mathguy, can you shoot me an email? I have a question about reffing and i dropped stars so i cant PM any more. My address is in my profile.
Mathguy64
AG
Done.
birdman
Bruce Arena just showed American fans what we've been missing for too long.

Team played hard for 90 minutes. This wasn't always the case with JK.

Team played with joy. JK sucked the life out of this team and it kept getting worse. Of course, it's easy to have fun when you are clobbering the opponent.

11 players were in their correct positions and suitable formation.

Entire team knew the plan and their roles. I'm watching from the couch and when Bedoya came in because of injury, I knew exactly what he was supposed to do. Under Klinsmann, the players didn't even what they were supposed to do.

Team respected their Concacaf opponent and took the game seriously.

When they interviewed Arena at halftime, he had a smirk on his face. He was smiling because they were winning by three. But he was also smiling because the team was lazy and sloppy for last five minutes. That was his half time speech and likely tore into them for it. Team scored in first minute of second half. Then added another within five minutes.
snowdog90
Good riddance JK. This is what an American side can look like with competent coaching and leadership.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.