WNT - panic or part of the process?

1,108 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BQ_90
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hosted Germany, France and England for the shebelieves cup, came in last among the four.
Lost consecutive games on home soil for the first time in who knows how long.
Scored one goal in three games.
Allowed 4 goals in three games.
Lost to France 3-0 tonight.

Yes they played a lot of young players, but so did France in particular.
Dre_00
The rest of the world is catching up and has been for a while. I don't think that's going to change no matter what the US does. That said, we're 2 years away from the next major tournament. I'm not going to worry too much.
Pahdz
3 man backline was a disaster

They are too skilled to play like they do relying on through balls to speedy forwards.
wangus12
AG
Hopefully they made money. Its all about the paycheck these days.
TexAg15
AG
I think during the last big tournaments some of our elderly players overstayed their welcome. There seemed to be little to no focus on getting PT for the younger players, even during friendlies. That victory tour the other year would of been a great opportunity. Personally, I think Ellis dropped the ball on this.
Aston94
AG
WNT has such a big break between meaningful tournaments with the WC and Olympics in back to back years, so this is the year to mess with formations and try out new players.

I have never been a huge Jill Ellis fan, I think she plays with tactics to play with tactics, I never get a sense that we are changing formations to fit our players or fit an opponent, she had a superior team that won the WC despite poor tactics, in my opinion.

akm91
AG
Aston94 said:

WNT has such a big break between meaningful tournaments with the WC and Olympics in back to back years, so this is the year to mess with formations and try out new players.

I have never been a huge Jill Ellis fan, I think she plays with tactics to play with tactics, I never get a sense that we are changing formations to fit our players or fit an opponent, she had a superior team that won the WC despite poor tactics, in my opinion.

She's like the female Klinsmann. France did to us what we use to do to other teams, lob balls over the top and let the speedy strikers outrun the defense.
BQ_90
AG
I guess since they want the same pay as the men they decided to play as ****ty as the men
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.