US NT kit thread

1,317 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by An Ag in CO
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Give this a read and tell me you don't agree: WALDOS need to be our go-to with slight variations.

http://www.blackandredunited.com/usmnt/2017/2/27/14731088/usa-jersey-usmnt-uswnt-united-states-fifa-world-cup
LeonardSkinner
The Waldo isn't my favorite (I'll take the sash almost any day), but the writer makes a very compelling argument. I'll sign the petition.
wangus12
AG
Centennial or GTFO
gig them
AG
All I want is for a viewer to instantly be able to tell they're watching the U.S.

The Waldos accomplish that goal, so I'm in.
powerbelly
AG
gig them said:

All I want is for a viewer to instantly be able to tell they're watching the U.S.

The Waldos accomplish that goal, so I'm in.
Pahdz
They had me till hooped socks, everything else is great (I actually would be most excited for navy aways with the white sash)
aggie7911
My fav is the white with the crest on the chest that it is plain and simple then the bomb pops.
PatAg
AG
aggie7911 said:

My fav is the white with the crest on the chest that it is plain and simple then the bomb pops.
I think the bomb pop's make good board shorts, but not jerseys.
Mathguy64
AG
Waldo's. But it's doesn't matter what I think. Nike is involved so it will be black, neon green, fluorescent yellow and metallic silver wings.
Pahdz
I have those Hurley shorts, they are my go to swimsuit.
who?mikejones
AG
Nike sucks.
byfLuger41
PatAg
AG
All it would take is whoever is in charge of it at the US soccer federation telling Nike what they want.
Mathguy64
AG
PatAg said:

All it would take is whoever is in charge of it at the US soccer federation telling Nike what they want.
Yes, but experience has shown that no one at USSF has any semblance of taste.
wangus12
AG
Or ability to take charge
agsalaska
AG
Our jersey problems are a classic example of an organization giving it's marketing department entirely too much power.
An Ag in CO
AG
US Soccer had revenue totaling $125.3M in 2016. Two primary sources of revenue are:

• National team game revenue: $55.5M
  • Sponsorship: $49.9M

On the expense side, the national teams incurred $80.8M so that's a money loser.

I'm guessing US Soccer has little incentive to put pressure on any sponsor (unless the issue is egregious) given the financial situation of the federation and the terms of the sponsorship deals.

Quote:

The Federation has two major agreements relating to its marketing rights: a marketing representation agreement with Soccer United Marketing ("SUM") and a sponsorship and license agreement with Nike, Inc.

Merchandise royalties were $3.0M so jersey sales aren't that important in the grand scheme of things to the federation, but I'm assuming Nike is taking in much more than that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.