FourFourTwo Top 25 USMNT Players

1,392 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheMasterplan
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/usmnt-top-25-players-all-time-united-states-mens-national-team-25-to-21

Is it just me or is something wrong??? Where is 10-6?

Found it...
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/usmnt-top-25-players-all-time-united-states-mens-national-team-10-6

They gave the list a lot of thought about club teams, but then failed to mention that Cobi Jones is one of the only if not the only US player I have ever heard of that played in Brazil's top league. He had a short stint with Vasco de Gama.

They give a lot more respect for the guys that brought soccer back...the 1988-1994 guys...but I would rate Gooch above some of the defenders they listed such as Balboa. But I give props to those guys...they gave soccer a chance in the US. Think Frankie Hejduk deserves to be in the top 25? Other snubs?
PatAg
AG
Frankie is top 25 for hustle.
LeonardSkinner
How about a USMNT all time hair team?
wangus12
AG
I'll say it. Altidore deserves to be in the Top 25, especially if Max-Moore is in it. Dude is only 27 and is 3rd in goals all-time.
akm91
AG
Top 5:
1. Donovan
2. Friedel
3. Reyna
4. Dempsey
5. Ramos
MookieBlaylock
AG
F claudio reyna his fake injury after getting the ball stolen from him is the single worse play in US World Cup history

Also keller was better than friedel

No david regis?
Pahdz
Never knew Meola was drafted by the Yankees out of HS, impressive
PJD Ag 10
AG
David Regis didn't feature much for the national team. Didn't he become eligible just in time for the 98 cup but was already a bit older? Always thought of him like Preki.

I think that was a really good list. If I was going to quibble with anything, i thought Joe max Moore should be ranked better, though I don't know who I'd move down.

Reminded me how fun the 94-02 years were. Lots of nostalgia looking at that list.
Pahdz
I am reminded of 2002 WC as that was my first real introduction to the game. I was just out of school and hadn't found a job yet and me and some buddies would watch the games live in the middle of the night. Going to Richmond Arms to watch the Germany game got me hooked for good.
PatAg
AG
That world cup run was amazing for the reasons you just listed
TheMasterplan
Tony Sanneh was a beast in the 2002 WC. Maybe not the most caps but skillwise he was awesome.

Good list for sure. Donovan is the undisputed #1.
Pahdz
TheMasterplan said:

Tony Sanneh was a beast in the 2002 WC. Maybe not the most caps but skillwise he was awesome.

Good list for sure. Donovan is the undisputed #1.

He was my favorite player
TheMasterplan
Time to get the USA 2002 WC highlights going.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.