***** USMNT v Jamaica Friendly Match Thread *****

3,789 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mr. White
LeonardSkinner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like the energy of this match so far. More interesting than Serbia.
Texags is garbage
Damn, this energy is truly refreshing. Nothing like 11 guys playing out of position with a German yelling at them.
PatAg
AG
We do seem to be more on the same page, I think. Lletget is just dominating the game, imo.
Texags is garbage
The forwards don't seem to be in sync from my terrible soccer opinion.
PatAg
AG
Still no goals, but I think we looked better as a team that half then the previous game.
PatAg
AG
another angry ag said:

Yea, it's almost like they are playing in separate games at times, if that makes sense. They are both having impact on the game, but not enough individually.

I've always kinda felt like Agudelo was in the Dempsey vein, where he kinda drifts in and out but has those moments of brilliance no one else can. But he does that more as a true forward, which is maybe not ideal.
Texags is garbage
PatAg said:

another angry ag said:

Yea, it's almost like they are playing in separate games at times, if that makes sense. They are both having impact on the game, but not enough individually.

I've always kinda felt like Agudelo was in the Dempsey vein, where he kinda drifts in and out but has those moments of brilliance no one else can. But he does that more as a true forward, which is maybe not ideal.

Yeah, it's like none of them are playing awful, but they have no idea where the other will be. There was one moment where Morris was looking for him and he wasn't even in the area code.
Texags is garbage
McCartys (?) Effort is fun to watch. Nice to feel like these guys appreciate playing for the USMNT.
PatAg
AG
Pontius is a decent player, but I don't think he is someone we will see in the Hex matches or the World Cup.
PatAg
AG
It's so awesome to see dangerous corners and free kicks being sent into the box. I feel like Zimmerman is going to get onto the end of the next one. He just has a knack for doing that in the MLS so far.
PatAg
AG
I'm not sure I understand this emphasis this game on quick plays and short corners. I assume it's something the coaches wanted to try out this game, but I've never been a fan of it.
Expert Analysis
boogieman
AG
Finally. The breakthrough.
Texags is garbage
Damn, silky smooth. Love how we're not playing down to our competition.
caleblyn
Nice goal
LeonardSkinner
Very nice

/Borat
PatAg
AG
What a great goal from start to finish
PatAg
AG
Just feel like thsi team is already showing better off the ball movement then they did under Klinnsman. I guess we will see if that continues as the level of play increases.
Texags is garbage
Would I be considered crazy if I thought it was time to only bring Bradley on as a sub for the USMNT?
Capt. America
AG
These Jamaicans have glass legs.
PatAg
AG
another angry ag said:

Would I be considered crazy if I thought it was time to only bring Bradley on as a sub for the USMNT?
I don't think Arena would be averse to the thought, but you'd have to feel really solid with the players replacing him. I think off of these 2 games, you absolutely have to be thinking you will start Lletget and see what he can do in the Hex. Not sure if I want to start Feilhaber yet, I feel like he might be the type of guy you bring off the bench to tie/win a game.
PatAg
AG
Nagbe has looked poor since he came in in this game, imo.
boogieman
AG
Evans? DmB? What is this the senior tour?
PatAg
AG
Villafana did a lot for himself this game to keep getting looks going forward, I think. Him and Lletget were pretty dominant down the left, but I still feel like we might need Lletget more in the middle. Could be wrong there though.
PatAg
AG
Not that I think Arena was seriously considering him, but he definitely cant have Evans in the pool of players after these 10-15 minutes.
PatAg
AG
Agudelo hasn't looked super threatening most of the game, but he has actually put in work this game pressing hard .
PatAg
AG
Think our forward pairing should be Wood and Altidore together, with probably Morris coming on later in the game to hopefully use his pace, power, and game sense to take advantage of a worn down defense.
Pahdz
Pat, I agree with both your past posts.
Mr. White
another angry ag said:

McCartys (?) Effort is fun to watch. Nice to feel like these guys appreciate playing for the USMNT.

You'll be hearing from ESPN
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.