Aggie Soccer Spring games

8,017 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rambotx
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fri, Feb 17 [8pm] - Incarnate Word
Sat, Feb 25 [7pm] - Rice
-= Spring Break trip (Costa Rica) =-
Sat, Mar 25 [5pm] - TCU
Thu, Apr 06 [8pm] - Houston Dash
Diego
AG
http://www.12thman.com/news/2017/1/17/soccer-aggies-announc-spring-playing-dates.aspx
redd38
AG
Well apparently not early for the full schedule
Aggie Futbol
Let's see if the team acts more like a team this Spring. I'd like to see the upper clasmmen set a higher bar for preparation for all players in the roster. It was clear that some of the players did not care enough last year and allowed non sport distractions impact their commitment to the team. Personality conflicts were also rumored. This has got to end and can't be allowed to creep into the current team. If these ladies aren't completely committed to the task at hand and each and everyone of their teammates, the outcome will not be good.
redd38
AG
First spring game is this Friday!
CDub06
AG
I'll be there!
blake2003
AG
Who's going to Periscope?
redd38
AG
blake2003 said:

Who's going to Periscope?

1-2-3 NOT IT!
mullokmotx
AG
Should be 25 players on the spring roster, with only Jimena and Rheagen not here. Good thing both new keepers are already here to work with the back line which will have 2 new starters replacing Grace and Ashlynn. Controlling the ball in the air and on the ground in midfield are the areas that need improvement. Not sure how much we will see Kate after her knee surgery and I haven't heard of anyone else having off season surgery.
redd38
AG
GAMEDAY!
redd38
AG
I sorta feel like one of the keepers is injured, but I might be making that up.
Kate just recently started running so I doubt she'll be playing anytime soon.
CDub06
AG
I'm not going after all. Sorry guys.
redd38
AG
CDub06 said:

I'm not going after all. Sorry guys.
Don't tell us "sorry", tell the team "sorry".
redd38
AG
Like 9 players out with injuries
Diego
AG
Quote:

McKayla Paulson? Kate Hajdu? Others?
redd38
AG
Diego said:

Quote:

McKayla Paulson? Kate Hajdu? Others?

Schmidt, Bri, freshmen
Diego
AG
Any game updates redd38?
redd38
AG
Ags up 3-0 at the half, 2 goals from Bates, one goal from Pounds. One missed PK
redd38
AG
Watt with a goal, assist by Harvey
redd38
AG
Piper scored on what should have been a PK, but was a free kick right outside the box

5-0
redd38
AG
Crabtree with a goal!

6-0
redd38
AG
6-0 final
redd38
AG
McCain was the only freshman that played, she looked pretty good. Good touch and ball control. The two transfers played too but the defense wasn't tested much tonight so not much to go on their. Cozy played in goal the whole game but only had 1 save I think so I'm looking forward to seeing her against a more challenging opponent. I wish she was more vocal though, she was pretty silent the whole game.
mullokmotx
AG
I thought the normal starters played too much. Of most interest to me was seeing Jenna Byers on the field. Heard a lot about her but had never seen her play, and thought she looked good in the time she played. Was really scared when Emily collided with their keeper in the first half.
redd38
AG
mullokmotx said:

Was really scared when Emily collided with their keeper in the first half.

I was more concerned for their keeper in that exchange, looked like a nasty blow to her head.
redd38
AG
The next spring game is this Saturday at 7pm against Rice! It should be a much better test than last week's warm-up.
redd38
AG
GAMEDAY!

definitely going to have to pay for parking today
redd38
AG
Aggies beat Rice 3-0
Rambotx
Good night for the Aggies against the Rice Owls: http://www.12thman.com/news/2017/2/25/soccer-aggies-beat-rice-3-0.aspx
mullokmotx
AG
I don't think Cooper played last week. Did anyone else new play and how did they look?
redd38
AG
mullokmotx said:

I don't think Cooper played last week. Did anyone else new play and how did they look?

She was the only new freshman that played this week. A few older players that didn't play last week played this week (Hill and Malherbe, maybe someone else)
mullokmotx
AG
Stephanie played almost the entire first exhibition. Good that Jordan played.
blake2003
AG
Really pleased with what I saw at the game against Rice. They are a quality side who posed a much better challenge than the first match against Incarnate Word. I'm interested to see where everyone ends up... Looks like there was some experimenting with the back line (Hill and Arrieta). Also, interesting to see the midfield play so well together with the line-up that hasn't been playing together long.

Was *very* impressed with Alston on the back line. She's an imposing figure who handles the ball well and doesn't get frazzled. I can imagine when Paulson is back the two of them on corners will be deadly. It was great to have Watt back... man anytime she has the ball I get excited. Her and Pounds play off each other so well up top.

We will have a stable of subs available in the fall (if everyone is healthy). The tricky part will be getting the chemistry right. This has to be one of the deepest teams we've ever had.
redd38
AG
mullokmotx said:

Stephanie played almost the entire first exhibition. Good that Jordan played.

Hmm, guess I'm remembering wrong
redd38
AG
Aggies playing 2nd best pro team in Costa Rica tonight, btw. Up 3-0 at the half.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.