Mia Hummel transferring?

2,972 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mullokmotx
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone heard anything about Mia transferring to Long Beach State? That would leave just the new GK on the roster.
An Ag in CO
AG
One GK transferring out and one transferring in.
redd38
AG
I forgot we've got a freshman GK coming in too... so two GKs on the roster. Not quite as scary.
Penaltykick
I'd say not at all scary. If needed, G has plenty of time to add a third goalie. One thing we can feel certain of is that G would never let the keeper corps be in jeopardy.
HiddenAg2
This is not surprising because Hummel had fallen behind in her development with her recent injury. And with the very talented Ausmus coming in next year, along with a solid transfer, it would have been difficult for Hummel to win the starting job anyway. GK is not a position I usually worry about because Coach G biggest strength as a coach is the GK position. One thing the team will miss about Hummel is her unique personality.
redd38
AG
We're not immune to GKs struggling though, in 2011 when Jordan Day and Renee McDermott were both freshmen and were our only keepers we certainly had troubles early on. One of our keepers being a transfer with college experience makes me feel a little better, but having only newcomers to the program certainly leaves a lot of uncertainty about the strength of that position next year. Fortunately they're both here for the spring.
Diego
Diego
Diego
AG
redd38
AG
To mourn her leaving I'll be rolling my shorts up to half-staff tomorrow.
mullokmotx
AG
There was a summary of transfers on Top Drawer Soccer on January 9 and Mia was on that list. I don't think she played at all last year so she may have 3 years of eligibility. Mia must have felt snakebit. Dannielle Rice transfers in before her first year and now another keeper transfers in. Long Beach is a good program.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.