USMNT January camp

5,142 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Pahdz
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
akm91 said:

Why can't Nike make a kit similar to this:

It's not too late hopefully....it's too late
It's perfect. And the guy did it for free.

Someone that gets paid thousands of dollars a year came up with the red/maroon joke.

Has anyone ever gotten a serious answer on what the uniform design process is? Grant Wahl, Taylor Twellman, etc?
COOL LASER FALCON
Alexi Lalas and someone else (Rob Stone I think, maybe Taylor Twellman) are saying that we'll get another kit for the Gold Cup that's actually good.
akm91
AG
COOL LASER FALCON said:

Alexi Lalas and someone else (Rob Stone I think, maybe Taylor Twellman) are saying that we'll get another kit for the Gold Cup that's actually good.
So the blind squirrels @ Nike actually found an acorn!
jeffk
AG
boogieman
AG
Dear Nike.

Hire this man.

jeffk
AG

Even better.
PatAg
AG
I actually liked the thinner hoops, but I'm ok with either one. I also wish we could bring back the Red jersey with the two-tone vertical sash(navy and white)
PatAg
AG
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/why-usmnt-needs-play-4-4-2-formation-lineup-honduras-preview-world-cup-qualifying
akm91
AG
PatAg said:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/why-usmnt-needs-play-4-4-2-formation-lineup-honduras-preview-world-cup-qualifying
Interesting the author thinks Villafana is ready to start at left back for a qualifier. I'd say put Johnson back there, and slot Kljestan in and play a 4-1-3-2.
Pahdz
Don't know if villafana has the pace, but no qualms with the rest of the lineup
akm91
AG
Pahdz said:

Well, looks like he's going to be thrown into the fire in the Honduras match.

Quote:

I think Fabian Johnson's best use in the current US pool is at left back, but Arena said he'll be a midfielder or winger going forward. Fair enough!
FabJo not in Arena's LB plans
Pahdz
But I think I'll take my chances if that moves FJ up the field
YankeeAg05
Can't imagine we don't see Benny or Sasha starting given Arena's statement that need more creativity in the lineup when he took the job. I may be the only one who doesn't like the Wood/Jozy pairing but I'd rather see someone with pace paired with either of those two. I've got Morris pegged as a better complement to either of them than they are to each other.
EastSideAg2002
akm91 said:

Pahdz said:

Well, looks like he's going to be thrown into the fire in the Honduras match.

Quote:

I think Fabian Johnson's best use in the current US pool is at left back, but Arena said he'll be a midfielder or winger going forward. Fair enough!
FabJo not in Arena's LB plans
(Ed's note: It turns out Johnson is very much in consideration at left back. Read HERE for more)
akm91
AG
YankeeAg05 said:

Can't imagine we don't see Benny or Sasha starting given Arena's statement that need more creativity in the lineup when he took the job. I may be the only one who doesn't like the Wood/Jozy pairing but I'd rather see someone with pace paired with either of those two. I've got Morris pegged as a better complement to either of them than they are to each other.
Morris is a good player but he's going to be exposed since he can't shoot with his left foot. Defenses will neutralize his effectiveness.

Wood, while not as fast as Morris, is plenty fast and strong on the ball. Look back at his goal vs. Germany on 6/10/2015. He fires a rocket from outside the box past the German keeper. Morris doesn't pull that off. Additionally, Wood's proven on the international level he's capable of scoring goals with Jozy as his partner.

jeffk
AG
Wood
jeffk
AG
JJxvi
AG
Red and white hoops should be our signature look. Instantly recognizable as American, uses actual US iconography, and generally makes the USA section of fans in the crowds look better when mixed in.

Its especially good compared to the bland ass white first shirt. We had some nice looking and very american whites, but 3 out of 4 are just bland england knockoffs with splashes of blue. Nice to see that we can get England in our 3rd now too. Sweet.
akm91
AG
US Soccer may want to consider using the eagle as part of it's logo.

PatAg
AG
JJxvi said:

Red and white hoops should be our signature look. Instantly recognizable as American, uses actual US iconography, and generally makes the USA section of fans in the crowds look better when mixed in.

Its especially good compared to the bland ass white first shirt. We had some nice looking and very american whites, but 3 out of 4 are just bland england knockoffs with splashes of blue. Nice to see that we can get England in our 3rd now too. Sweet.
I just don't know how Nike doesn't get it, and how our Federation doesn't do something about it.
JJxvi
AG
To be fair, there are a lot of idiots that whined and didn't like the hoops and the fact that the jerseys are boring ass White every World Cup year, leads me to think that's what the federation wants, and we only get creative stuff in the off years. I dunno, I've always suspected that there's some idiot high up that wants to be "classic England/Real Madrid/whatever" and so it always is back to white...and add a stripe or something.
Pahdz
I hated the hoops when we had them but forever the best we've ever had is the 2006 third kit

TheMasterplan
Pahdz said:

I hated the hoops when we had them but forever the best we've ever had is the 2006 third kit

John O'Brien with the no-so-subtle hand on Donovan's knee.
PatAg
AG
Pahdz said:

I'd buy that jersey right now if I could.
jeffk
AG
Collars
Pahdz
Pfft
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.