CR7 turns down crazy money

1,199 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LSU Baseball Fan
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He reportedly turned down 100 million a year from a Chinese club. RM would have gotten a 300 million transfer fee.

That money is staggering.
carl spacklers hat
Proving that money CAN'T buy everything?? No matter the salary, he'd still be playing in China. In China. Who'd watch that?
Griffle
carl spacklers hat said:

Proving that money CAN'T buy everything?? No matter the salary, he'd still be playing in China. In China. Who'd watch that?

Carlos Tevez's and Oscar's families would watch.
LSU Baseball Fan
I'm getting really tired of the Chinese league doing crap like this. Hopefully it goes bankrupt soon. It's bad for the sport and unsustainable.
TXAggie2011
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

I'm getting really tired of the Chinese league doing crap like this. Hopefully it goes bankrupt soon. It's bad for the sport and unsustainable.
Does it piss you off when Real Madrid continues to go 100s of millions into debt to buy up players from all over Europe---such as 100 million on Ronaldo?

I agree $300 million is outrageous and I hope its not accurate, but Real Madrid has spent more on 4 difference transfers than any Chinese team has ever actually made for a player.
LSU Baseball Fan
I don't like the modern era of superclubs in general, and I'm glad American sports leagues aren't like that. But at least Real Madrid earned their way to the top after decades of success. If they want to spend money like that, that's their choice. But I hate these state sponsored leagues in Qatar and China competing against regular clubs and offering these insane wages. It's really bad for th sport. As untouchable as Bayern, Barca, and Real Madrid look now, it won't last forever.

Bayern's financial dominance is why I can't get invested in the Bundesliga, but I watch Dortmund games when Pulisic is playing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.