U17 MNT at Nike International Friendlies

885 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PatAg
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They pretty much dominated Turkey, Portugal, and Brazil. Some very promising play all around the field, lot of quick passing and individual talent standing out. The US Soccer YouTube has all the games posted, didn't see any highlights though.
jeffk
AG
We have had some really talented kids on our youth teams. That's why us missing the Olympics two straight cycles was so amazingly disappointing.
OregonAggie
AG
Arena has already made an impact!
captainsubtext
I watched most of the Turkey-US game in person and was really impressed with the front three and DM--not so sure about D. The last group of U17s were talented but had a very poor showing at the world cup. Therefore I will wait to see how this group matures and plays. I think the key will be is how good are the midfielders.
PatAg
AG
captainsubtext said:

I watched most of the Turkey-US game in person and was really impressed with the front three and DM--not so sure about D. The last group of U17s were talented but had a very poor showing at the world cup. Therefore I will wait to see how this group matures and plays. I think the key will be is how good are the midfielders.
That was the same takeaway I had. Also, George Weah's son was coming off the bench and scored 2-3 goals in the tourney.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.