Klinsmann Fired

5,548 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ScottishFire
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think in the end, the very thing he is hired for is what got him fired.
He was expected to bring a more top level European approach to the program. But in doing I he completely lost sight of the American culture and psyche...whether it as his mindless tinkering with lineups, his blind devolution to European based players, his refusal to give anyone or anything a sense of normalcy or routine etc. dude just didn't seem to grasp that he had to find a balance.
Pahdz
the fact that our U-23's and U-21's massively disappointed while he was in charge angers me more
Wrighty
AG
Fair points Dre, and yes he deserves credit for expanding the pool of players. He should also get credit for success in World Cup despite the Donovan decision.

I say he was a disappointment mostly because of what I had hoped for. I had hoped klinsmam would install a clear style of play (possession attacking), and that we would get consistent results with it. Similar to what guardiola has done at man city. Come hell or high water they are building out of the back, and the players are thriving in it. Or Klopp at pool, where the players are thriving with a clear directive.

But where are we: We have players saying that they don't even know how they are supposed to play, we have inconsistent style of play, and too often bad results, and JK publicly calling out players as part of a blame game, , in year 5.

I coach soccer, so I understand that people expect too much of coaches a lot of the time, but still I had hoped for more. So it is dissapointing.

Looking forward to the next chapter with our ever increasingly talented pool of players.
PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Quote:

Objectively, I don't think Donovan makes a difference in Brazil. The weakest part of the squad was not having an effective replacement for Altidore, and Donovan doesn't really fill that spot. Could have been a substitute for Bedoya or Zusi, but the opportunity for involvement from those spots was limited.
Donovan would have scored.

Just wanna say, every striker knows you hit that out of the air if you can. It was especially surprising considering he is a known goal poacher..he lives for opportunities like that. Could have totally stolen that game.
Mr. White
I keep watching it hoping he'll pass to Dempsey
titanmaster_race
Mr. White said:

I keep watching it hoping he'll pass to Dempsey

Me too
PatAg
AG
Instead of pausing to try to hti it on a bunnyhop off the ground, he just steps through it and side foots it over the keeper, or juggles it over and earns the pk cuz the keep would have grabbed him

anything but what he chose to do
duck79
AG
Whether the keeper was in perfect position or not you still have to put the shot on frame and make him make a save.
Olsen
AG
HHH 95 said:

Hope to see Arena take us through the rest of the Hex and hopefully 2018.
I'm from the future and sadly he didn't meet any expectations.
AggieBusDriver
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

HHH 95 said:

Hope to see Arena take us through the rest of the Hex and hopefully 2018.
I'm from the future and sadly he didn't meet any expectations.

Ugh. Still wasn't a bad dream huh.
ScottishFire
AG
Schadenfreude
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.