Ally Watt

4,669 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mullokmotx
Chef Demas 2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
scored a goal this morning in US u-20 win at World Cup against New Zealand
CDub06
AG
Thanks for the heads up!

Here's the goal:

mullokmotx
AG
Another GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL for Ally! In the quarterfinal today against Mexico, Ally entered the game in about the 70th minute with the US down 1-0. She timed a run and took a threw pass and scored in the 80th minute to tie it up and the US won in the 93rd minute. Right after the game Ally looked quite emotional and she should be; her goal saved her team. Nice to hear Texas A&M and Coach G mentioned by the broadcast team.
Next match is against the communists from North Korea,
redd38
AG
An Ag in CO
AG
Highlights:

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/videos/highlights/match=300353174/index.html
FalconRT90
http://img.fifa.com/mm/photo/tournament/competition/02/85/49/68/2854968_full-prt.jpg
mullokmotx
AG
Good job finding the photo of Ally with the Player of the Match Award.
Rambotx
mullokmotx said:

Boy, glad we are going to have her BACK in the lineup next year!
FalconRT90
mullokmotx said:

That's what parents do.
mullokmotx
AG
Ally's team plays tonight at midnight central time on FS1 against the communists from Korea. I think she has played about 60 minutes total and has scored 2 of the US's 6 goals in the 4 games.
It will be good to have here on the field here the next 3 years. I think North Carolina has 2 players on the U20 team and they made the College Cup. West Virginia got a player back in their last game because she played for Canada and Canada did not make the knock out stage.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
mullokmotx said:

Ally's team plays tonight at midnight central time on FS1 against the communists from Korea. I think she has played about 60 minutes total and has scored 2 of the US's 6 goals in the 4 games.
It will be good to have here on the field here the next 3 years. I think North Carolina has 2 players on the U20 team and they made the College Cup. West Virginia got a player back in their last game because she played for Canada and Canada did not make the knock out stage.
Do we know she will be back if she is again on the national team ?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
USA lost to N.Korea in overtime 2-1 .

Ally hurt in 81st minute ( fouled by NK defender ) and didn't play in the OT . Entered in the second half.
redd38
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

mullokmotx said:

Do we know she will be back if she is again on the national team ?
There isn't a U20 World Cup next year, so yes.
mullokmotx
AG
The ref eventually showed 4 yellows to the communists but it could have been double that. Ally really brought a lot of energy when she came is but took a brutal block in the back while going up for a header which include the Korean players elbow coming down on the top of Ally's head, and at the same time the ball hit her on her left cheek just below her eye. She was on the ground for several minutes, went off and then came back in after being checked out. The ref did call a foul on that play. Just before the end of regulation took another hard hit in the back on a header, no foul, and went down again. She went over towards the US bench and collapsed right at the 90 minute mark and the US played a player down for 7 minutes of stoppage time.
I wonder if the communists were intentionally trying to take the US players out. In OT Mallory Pugh was knocked dizzy and came off for a little bit. They certainly watched the other games and new what Ally could do. Unfortunately, we see some of this here with other teams trying to take out dynamic players like Mikaela Harvey.
BQ_90
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

USA lost to N.Korea in overtime 2-1 .

Ally hurt in 81st minute ( fouled by NK defender ) and didn't play in the OT . Entered in the second half.
I actually watched the game, she was plowed from behind and thrown to the ground, I think she either had whiplash or concussion.

NK was really playing dirty, had several yellows in Ot
mullokmotx
AG
The US plays Japan for Third Place Friday night/Saturday morning at midnight on FS1. I really doubt Ally plays after the way she looked after the match with the communists. Hope she recovers.
mullokmotx
AG
Nice article about Ally in The Battalion this week.
Terk
AG
Yeaaaaaah!
FalconRT90
She is out tonight. Good Luck USA!
mullokmotx
AG
The website All White Kit had a 2020 NWSL draft preview up and this is what they wrote about Ally:

17. Ally Watt F Texas A&M

Those hoping for a true glimpse of Watt can really do as the focal point for an offense were likely only satisfied in part this past Fall, as the Aggie forward was restricted to a super sub role, even with the U.S. U20 team laboring on offense for much of the U20 World Cup. Watt would make the most of the role though, most notably in the quarterfinal win over Mexico, as she netted the equalizer with less than ten minutes to play. Watt flashed such potential at times as a rookie in College Station with the Aggies, mostly in the second half of the club's season, finishing with seven goals. With her pace and nose for goal, Watt could be one to watch if she can marshal a little more consistency and a bit more efficiency in front of goal. Her return will certainly be appreciated by an A&M side that wasn't the offensive juggernaut of season's past in 2016.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.