*******BTHO USC (NCAA Tournament)******

11,542 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mullokmotx
Aggie Futbol
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jordan Day was probably a better all around keeper but Rice is superb as well.
Penaltykick
It's all subjective, of course, but Katie Jo Spisak was probably the greatest ever for A&M. Jordan Day was also better than Rice.
CDub06
AG
I'm a huge fan of KJ & Jordan, but the number of 1v1s Rice faced this year and managed to save was incredible. Plus her history of PKs, yesterday notwithstanding... it's been an impressive but short Aggie career.
Expert Analysis
AG
Only 1 big win all season, but we played all the real good teams we played pretty well. Even with the injuries we managed to salvage the season to something respectable. Without the injuries and with Watt, we would have been pretty good this year. Next year we should be in the hunt for a top 2 seed and hosting the first couple weekends.
Aggie Futbol
The Aggies hustle and scrappiness kept them in the game yesterday but, in the end, the better team won. You can't teach effort and heart so it's nice to know that our returners will always leave it all on the field.

Although our possession was better yesterday than I had watched in most of our previous games, it wasn't good enough to give us the upper hand. Possession is great because it takes the pressure off of the defense and usually results in more offensive opportunities.

I am hoping that next seasons new faces will bring more athleticism, speed and skill to add to what we have coming back (plus Watt). Injuries as well as our insistence on so many semi aimless long balls, below average passing and basic skills by some of the regulars really made it tough this season.

With a handful of incoming high quality freshmen (maybe a transfer or two), plus our current high quality starters, I do believe the team will be far more competitive next season. I'm already excited to get back to the field to root the team on to an SEC championship.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
The TEAMS tied on THEIR field - they had one better PK kicker than us !

Valiant effort by our Women !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mullokmotx
AG
I watched a replay of most of the game and agree with another poster that we got some good non-calls. Ashlynn could have been called for 2 fouls in the box and another time the ball hit McKayla in the hands. I guess the ref ruled that she was trying to protect herself from a ball to the head. The bench reaction to the save that McKayla made at the end of regulation was great to watch. There were also a couple of delayed foul calls when we had the ball after the foul was committed against our player, which surprised me because we had the advantage.
On the replay the 2 announcers were surprised Brittany didn't shoot the ball when she had it about 8 yards out with about 7 minutes to go. Maybe she didn't have sufficient control of it to shoot it. That was one time where the pressure by our forwards almost paid off. Earlier in the half Emily had a great run. She kept the ball to her left with 2 defenders on her right and actually was able to get more to the center of the field, and forced the keeper to make a good play.
The spectators were so close to the field that the ball went out of bounds one time and Kendall Ritchie's mother picked it up and threw it to her daughter for the throw in.
I know Sarah and Grace Piper feel bad about not making their kicks. 21 other players have not made shootout kicks in the tournament so far, including USC's Morgan Andrews who got blocked by Dani. Andrews was the top recruit coming out of high school the same year as Dani and Sarah.
The defense played 200 minutes in the tournament without giving up a goal.
mullokmotx
AG
Seen at the game were former Aggie soccer players Bianca Brinson, Allie Bailey, Katie Perry and Ana Cruz. The Utah coaches were watching our game and I thought about telling them that the player that scored the golden goal on them in 2013 was there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.