*******BTHO USC (NCAA Tournament)******

11,541 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mullokmotx
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your Fightin' Texas Aggies defeated TCU last weekend to advance to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament. They head to Los Angeles with hopes of a two game weekend.

First up on Friday afternoon, the Aggies face host and #2 seed USC. This game is set to kick at 3:30PM Central (1:30 Pacific). The early kick is attributed to the fact that the Trojans' field is not equipped with lights. But what can you expect from such a humdrum athletic department. However, the game will be televised live on the Pac-12 network.

USC comes into this match with a #7 national ranking fresh off of a 3-1 win over Eastern Washington in the 1st round. The Aggies and Lady Trojans have faced each other once before, in College Station in 2009. Coincidentally, the Aggies were ranked #7 in that match. A&M defeated #8 USC in that match by a final score of 3-0. The return trip to USC only took 7 years.

USC is currently 15-4-1 on the season and are 8-1 at home. The two schools share several common opponents. USC defeated Georgia 3-0 and Auburn 2-0 while A&M won more narrowly with 1-0 and 2-1 finals against the two SEC opponents. A&M and USC also share UCLA as a common opponent and share the same result against that opponent - a 0-1 loss.

USC has outmuscled opposition this season totaling a goal differential of 43 - 10. Scoring has been led by the duo of junior forward Alex Anthony (#21) and senior midfielder Morgan Andrews (#3) who each have 9 goals on the season. Anthony also has 5 assists and a team high 77 shots. Andrews goal total is propped up by converting on 3 of 5 PKs on the season. She also has 3 assists and was named to the All-Pac 12 team this season.

USC's defense has been even more impressive statistically. The Trojans rank 9th in the country in scoring defense (and only 12th in scoring offense - yawn). The Trojans' .49 goal against average come thanks in part to two Pac-12 players of the year.

Senior Mandy Freeman (#12) was named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year this season for her efforts as defender and midfielder. She leads all field players in minutes played as she was on the field for 1813 of 1826 minutes this season. Freeman has not recorded a single shot in the 30 hours she's played this season but has contributed 2 assists on the year.

The Trojans also have the Pac-12 Goalkeeper of the Year as the final line of defense for this stingy side. Senior Sammy Jo Prudhome (#1) earned player of the year honors while compiling a .892 save percentage, which is #5 in the nation this season. Prudhomme has allowed 10 goals while totaling 81 saves on the year. Her 11 shutouts this season breaks the school record previously held by Kristin Olsen, who was in goal for the last match with the Aggies in 2009. (Note: The team has totaled 12 shutouts this season, but because the backup keeper came in for 2 minutes, Prudhomme does not get full credit).

Saying that USC is a tough matchup for the Aggies would be putting it lightly. USC carried their ridiculous 43 - 10 goal differential through a tough schedule. All four of the Trojans' losses were by just 1 goal and OH, their wins... #1 Stanford has one loss on the season and came as a 0-3 trouncing from USC. USC also handed UNC a 0-3 loss, their only multi-goal loss of the season (and one of three total losses on the year). USC has demolished some of the best teams in the nation and has a great chance at reaching the College Cup. And that is unfortunate for Texas A&M.

But the good news is that the Aggies have played their best games against the best teams they've faced this season. So the Aggies always have a chance.
CDub06
AG
Just noticed that some of my punctuation - namely dashes - were scrubbed out of my post. Fixed it and maybe it makes more sense now...
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
BQ_90
AG
Got Directv, any options of watching this game online since I don't have the PAC network.
redd38
AG
I think the Pac 12 first round games were all available online, so I would imagine this one will be too.
CDub06
AG
I don't know about that, but I crossed my fingers and plugged my credentials in here:
http://pac-12.com/live?networks=P12LAX
Mustang1
AG
Apparently Dish now has this channel as part of my package.
mullokmotx
AG
4 weeks ago tonight the kicked off against Kentucky no knowing if they would make the SEC Tournament. Tonight they are in Los Angeles ready to play in the second round of the NCAA tournament. I just can't get over how unreal this is. Keeping the ball is key. Didn't Morgan Andrews play for Notre Dame against us in the third round 2 years ago?
sharpdressedman
Playing with house money. No reason why magic can't happen and the team find themselves in the sweet 16. BTHOusc!
CDub06
AG
mullokmotx said:

Didn't Morgan Andrews play for Notre Dame against us in the third round 2 years ago?
Nice catch.

USC has actually compiled quite a few transfers on their roster.
fletch01
AG
Dang it, I'm stuck at work and don't have a subscription to the Pac-12 network so I can't access the stream. Anyone have another idea to be able to catch the game at work?
CDub06
AG
2 Hours till Kickoff.

In the past, we've had a Persicoper on site. It's not a great way to watch the game, but it's something...
CDub06
AG
I googled the "Pac 12 network feed" and came up with a few sites that actually work. I'm not going to link them because they also threw some "Threat Detected" notifications on Chrome & my Anti-Virus.

So do with that what you will...
fletch01
AG
Awesome, thanks CDub!
redd38
AG
CDub06 said:

I googled the "Pac 12 network feed" and came up with a few sites that actually work. I'm not going to link them because they also threw some "Threat Detected" notifications on Chrome & my Anti-Virus.

So do with that what you will...
I tried that too but only found broken feeds except for one that was streaming Pac12 Encore (which was showing an old soccer game)

I guess I'll look harder
aggiebrad94
AG
12thMan site list video to the game. Scroll down the page to see.

http://www.12thman.com/index.aspx?path=wsoc
redd38
AG
Utah beat Florida State 2-1
redd38
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

12thMan site list video to the game. Scroll down the page to see.

http://www.12thman.com/index.aspx?path=wsoc
That link is going to require a cable provider login that has the Pac 12 network
Expert Analysis
AG
CDub06 said:

I don't know about that, but I crossed my fingers and plugged my credentials in here:
http://pac-12.com/live?networks=P12LAX
thought I was going to have to remember my parents credentials to access their carrier but they were autosaved... I do not remember logging into the pac12 network before. Current vidoe stream is playing so I may be good to go. Game should get over just in time to head to Reed
rausr
Bearded Fruit
WTF was that insane dance challenge thing they just showed? Is that how they fill air time on the network?
Expert Analysis
AG
lazy defense and a great through ball forces rice to make a great kick save.
aggies had an early chance as well
Expert Analysis
AG
another good save by rice in a 1v1
redd38
AG
geeze, given up two 1v1s already... thankfully Rice made the save both times
redd38
AG
I liked our chances on that corner kick, so close
Expert Analysis
AG
dangerous corner from us, crabtree kicks the keeper as she is tying to catch it.
better play from the ags the last few minutes
Expert Analysis
AG
dangerous free kick from the ags, just a little too deep and caught by the keeper.
Expert Analysis
AG
great save by the crossbar to keep USC off the board
GrapevineAg
AG
Really wish I could've seen the last few minutes of action. As it is, I'm stuck just listening to radio.
Expert Analysis
AG
Piper gets nailed going for a header drawing the yellow.
redd38
AG
I can periscope the stream again if people are interested, not sure how great the quality was last time
bigdad
AG
USC fouling like crazy
Expert Analysis
AG
USC just misses wide on a shot/pass, may have just hit the post.
bigdad
AG
0 - 0 Half
Expert Analysis
AG
USC had several high quality chances, we are lucky they did not score. We had a few chances, but no real big threats.
We used a lot of high pressure which is going to tire our girls out. We had quite a few subs in at the end of the half so hopefully we got some rest. We need to take advantage of set pieces. Ref has been pretty good calling a pretty clean game. USC has a lot of fouls but many are pretty minor.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.