Realistically, who could we get to replace JK?

5,086 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PatAg
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dre_00 said:

Steven Goff reporting that Arena is official. Let's see how this goes.
Well hopefully we won't see any of Jeff Agoos in the starting XI.
PJD Ag 10
AG
Terk said:

PJD Ag 10 said:

Arena is not the same coach he was in 2006. The guy has dominated.

Also, lots of focus on the 06 WC but little mention of 02...
Arena has done very well in the MLS - with an open checkbook and arguably the most league support. We'll see what he can band-aid in the next few games. Hope that the players don't all have to be American born...

Open checkbook in MLS doesn't work quite like it does in other parts of the world. I don't care who your DPs are, you still have to put together quality and depth with not a huge pool.

With the parity the MLS system has set up, its remarkable Arena did so well for so long.
PatAg
AG
PJD Ag 10 said:

Terk said:

PJD Ag 10 said:

Arena is not the same coach he was in 2006. The guy has dominated.

Also, lots of focus on the 06 WC but little mention of 02...
Arena has done very well in the MLS - with an open checkbook and arguably the most league support. We'll see what he can band-aid in the next few games. Hope that the players don't all have to be American born...

Open checkbook in MLS doesn't work quite like it does in other parts of the world. I don't care who your DPs are, you still have to put together quality and depth with not a huge pool.

With the parity the MLS system has set up, its remarkable Arena did so well for so long.
Tactics make a big difference as well, which I actually think he has generally done a good job of tailoring to the players he has. I could not be remembering properly, but I never felt like he was putting square pegs into round holes back in the day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.