******BTHO TCU (NCAA Tournament)******

6,810 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mullokmotx
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M made the tournament. All the hoping, praying and hand-wringing paid off. Now we get to focus on the game before us rather than our resume. And the opponent that's been served to Texas A&M is TCU.

TCU earned their first ever NCAA Tournament berth (A&M is at 22 and counting) and will host the Aggies on Saturday night at 7:00PM. As the host, TCU got to choose the kickoff time. I don't think it's a coincidence that they waited to kickoff until the A&M Football game kicked off. It's a strategic move to ensure the Aggie turnout is minimal.

TCU finished the season 12-6-2 overall and carried a dismal 2-5-1 conference record into the Big 12 tournament. The Horned Frogs went 2-1 in the tournament and pushed #1 West Virginia to overtime in the championship game. TCU is definitely coming on strong as they've won 4 of their last 5 matches, but they are one of the less impressive at-large teams to make the field (as if A&M has any room to talk).

The only common opponent A&M and TCU share is Illinois. TCU defeated Illinois 2-1 at home and A&M beat then 2-0 at home. TCU has an RPI of #34 (A&M is #57).

Overall, TCU has outscored opponents by a 37-22 mark (A&M's goal differential is 26-19). Scoring has been led by junior forward Allison Ganter's (#11) 9 goals. Ganter has come off the bench to help TCU in a big way with 4 gamewinners. Her shot selection has been pretty efficient as she's totaled 21 shots and 16 shots on goal in her 907 minutes of play. Ganter also has 3 assists.

Senior forward Michelle Prokof (#10) has contributed 6 goals and 5 assists this season. Prokof was named to the All-Big 12 second-team.

Junior forward Emma Heckendorn (#22) is the only Big 12 first-teamer for the Horned Frogs. She led the team with 9 assists and 50 shots. She also has 3 goals.on the season.

Freshman Katie Lund (#24) began the season splitting time in goal, but seized the full-time gig halfway through the season. Lund has accounted for 59 saves while allowing 18 goals. Her goal against average is 1.22. In total, TCU has 8 shutouts on the season and have been shutout themselves 4 times.

A&M has faced TCU 10 times and won all 10 matches. Somewhat surprisingly, the last meeting between these two teams was way back in 2005. This is a great way to renew the series.

There are some similarities between these two teams starting with the mid-season conference slumps, continuing with a late season surge and closing with the narrow loss to a #1 seed in the conference tournament.

It should be a good matchup and one that A&M can certainly win. I like our chances to advance to Southern Cal.
CDub06
AG
PROMOTIONS:
Use Top Secret Promo Code TCU16 for Free Tickets*

* This isn't a real promo code
David Ellis
AG
Just a heads-up. If you're gonna be at Kyle or watching the Ags on TV, the soccer match will be broadcast on 1550AM in the Brazos Valley and available on 12thMan.com/listen everywhere else on the planet. The pregame show starts at 6:45. Game time is 7PM. #bthotcu
redd38
AG
Looks like there will be video here: http://www.gofrogs.com/collegesportslive/?media=541808
Not sure if there will be a cost (I feel like they're not allowed to charge for video of NCAA games)
David Ellis
mullokmotx
AG
In the NCAA RPI on Monday TCU is 50 and we are 58. We certainly have the edge in experience; just our 5 seniors have played in a combined 28 NCAA Tournament games. At the radio show Monday, G thought TCU scheduled the game Saturday to give themselves an extra day of rest after playing on Sunday. We have quite a few players from DFW so maybe we'll have a good turnout. This is a great opportunity for the team to earn a trip to LA. I want to see us keep possession of the ball the way we did late against Alabama in the SEC Tournament.
We should be the healthiest we have been all year with 4 days off after coming back from Orange Beach and hopefully no injuries during practice this week.
mullokmotx
AG
Today is what the players come here for, to play in the NCAA Tournament with the chance to go to the College Cup. We seem to be the healthiest we have been all season. We have had a chance to tie all the best teams on our schedule so we know we can play with anyone. My key is to keep possession of the ball and then get it to Emily in space. Anything can happen in this tournament as Notre Dame found out last night. We have a great string of results against teams from Texas and I have confidence this team can keep it going.
Aggie Futbol
This game is a game the Aggies should be able to compete in, however, I view it as a toss up. We have more experience but they have home field and the excitement of their first NCAA match.

If the Aggies are messy, lack organization and emphasize the long ball, they will be allowing TCU the opportunity to compete. If we possess, control and stay organized, we win.

Candidly, I do not believe that up to half of our players have the soccer maturity and composure to maintain the discipline needed. By this late point in the season playing with control should be an afterthought. Again, we win this game if it is played with composure and control.
redd38
AG
This is the direct video link I think: http://www.collegesportslive.com/popout/?school=tcu&media=541808&sport=w-soccer&event=1531608&gametracker=gtlite

redd38
AG
Goal AGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-0
CDub06
AG
Can't load the video in Kyle. Is that bad video or bad reception?
TRM
AG
Goal Mahlerbe. 1-0
CDub06
AG
This is where I was unsuccessfully looking. http://www.gofrogs.com/collegesportslive/?media=541808
TRM
AG
Video isn't bad but the audio is horrible for me.
CDub06
AG
Is redds link working
TRM
AG
It is.
missinAggieland
AG
The video requires a plugin, so it doesn't work on my phone. On the computer, yes.
BQ_90
AG
Score?
SoCerFrek
Ags 1-0 at half
Aggie Futbol
Is it true that iPhone and ipad won't work for this video?
BQ_90
AG
Thx. Can't get much inside Kyle
Justanotherposter
1-0 Aggies at the half.
aTmAg
AG
At the game. Unfortunately, score is not representative of play at the moment.
Aggie Futbol
Are the Aggies passing and controlling the ball or holding on for dear life and booming it? I guess I shouldn't care if we win.
MB19
AG
aTmAg said:

At the game. Unfortunately, score is not representative of play at the moment.
Futbol is a cruel sport.
aTmAg
AG
Not quite for dear life. But wasting chances on being too direct, IMO. The defense could possess it out more, but are clearing it to the TCU defense too often. Our goal was our only shot that has had a prayer.
aTmAg
AG
10 min remaining. Still 1-0
Aggie Futbol
We've got to hold on!!! It would be easier if we controlled the ball and flow of play.
aTmAg
AG
5 min
aTmAg
AG
Little home cooking ref-wise
MB19
AG
C'mon Ladies!
aTmAg
AG
2 min warning
aTmAg
AG
1 min
aTmAg
AG
Ball game. Team of virtue is victorious.
MB19
AG
Yes! Congrats to the Ladies and Coach G!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.