2016 MLS Playoffs

3,487 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can't wait to see Jozy under Arena's USMNT
oragator
Maybe the best series I have ever watched, had everything.
heddleston
AG
Lets do this!

go sounders.
Pahdz
This should be a great game
heddleston
AG
Torres and Marshall are very competant CBs and a healthy Alonso is the best CDM in the league, but The TFC attack is so dang potent. Lodeiro, Valdez and Morris will need to press hard and quick to keep them at bay. Hopefully the defensive edge SSFC has over Toronto will be the difference. This could easily go to OT or PKs
LeonardSkinner
Those Canucks did a good job with their national anthem.
HTownAg98
Looks like someone may have to chop off a leg to draw a yellow tonight.
GrapevineAg
AG
Yeah I don't know how Alonso doesn't already have a yellow.
Kampfers
AG
If you look up persistent infringement in the dictionary it has a picture of Osvaldo Alonso
wangus12
AG
Beitashour diving like a *****.
GrapevineAg
AG
And by not giving him a yellow in the 1st, it allows him to continue to foul to break up attacks.

I know the ref doesn't want to affect the game by handing out cards, but he's affecting it by not reeling in Alonso.
Gigem Trevas
HOLY ****.
wangus12
AG
That was incredible
wangus12
AG
Canadians being ****s. Streamers are one thing. Beer cans and food is another
Gigem Trevas
Save by Seattle.
https://streamable.com/8kop
LeonardSkinner
Hell of a match in this last overtime
wangus12
AG
David Seaman style

PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

That was incredible
Jozy made such a great adjustment on that header. It was too high to head with force, can't believe he was able to save it.

I think Toronto deserves it, they were playing to win and Seattle was just bunkering basically. Plus screw them for injuring Diaz in the 2nd to last game, Dallas should be here.
datrixstunna
AG
Lol Bradley.
PatAg
AG
datrixstunna said:

Lol Bradley.
That PK only goes in if the keeper guess completely wrong. Never been a fan of that style. Just hit it with pace and confidence to the side netting
LeonardSkinner
datrixstunna said:

Lol Bradley.

As soon as he stepped up to the spot, I said out loud that he was going to miss it.
PatAg
AG
Somewhere there is a universe where Nelson Cruz catches the ball on the warning track, Wondo volleys that ball in with pace, and Jozy's header goes in.
heddleston
AG
I hate PKs. dont care, have cup!
Pahdz
That was highly entertaining
heddleston
AG
I know people look at the stat sheet and see Seattle had 0 SOG, but it wasn't like they were bunkering. I remember multiple instances of frickin Roman Torres making his way into the box during run of play. TFC executed a great defensive plan to neutralize Morris and gave them very few good looks once they got into the attacking 3rd. The ones they did get they either squandered with an ugly pass or Bradley and crew tracked back to snuff it out in time.
PatAg
AG
heddleston said:

I know people look at the stat sheet and see Seattle had 0 SOG, but it wasn't like they were bunkering. I remember multiple instances of frickin Roman Torres making his way into the box during run of play. TFC executed a great defensive plan to neutralize Morris and gave them very few good looks once they got into the attacking 3rd. The ones they did get they either squandered with an ugly pass or Bradley and crew tracked back to snuff it out in time.
They did bunker the last 10 minutes of regulation, and the 2 extra halves, imo.
heddleston
AG
Oh they totally bunkered in overtime. Once Gio was subbed out for Ricketts they just couldn't handle that speed and get any offensive pressure simultaneously. Would've gotten torched on a counter, no doubt. But there's still a difference between playing like Sweden's women at the Olympics(which is what a lot of the rhetoric sounds like) and what they did, which is get their offense rendered totally ineffective by a freaking solid defensive effort, still manage to keep them out of the back of the net, and then gloriously make more penalties than the other guys.
GrapevineAg
AG
Seattle didn't need to bunker - they just had Alonso foul the Toronto players to stop the attack.
titanmaster_race
Should've stayed in Italy. MLS/JK has broken the bald eagle.
PJD Ag 10
AG
I don't know what y'all watched, but Michael Bradley was phenomenal during that game. He won an endless amount of tackles, intercepted pass after pass, and played inch perfect through balls after doing so. It was such a great game for him. His positioning was fantastic, such instincts.
PatAg
AG
PJD Ag 10 said:

I don't know what y'all watched, but Michael Bradley was phenomenal during that game. He won an endless amount of tackles, intercepted pass after pass, and played inch perfect through balls after doing so. It was such a great game for him. His positioning was fantastic, such instincts.
Shhh, let them mindlessly hate.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, other than hit a bad PK, Bradley had an outstanding game. A picture-perfect look at how a deep-lying CM should support his backline. Made some great tackles and covered for his defenders when they had to push out of position. Wish he'd be used more in that role for the natties.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.