Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

96,233 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a harsh handling call with the guidance refs have now for what is or is not handling.
bagger05
AG
I like this sub.
Thunder18
AG
Rashford getting bodied every single time, he is going to need to keep working on his strength this offseason
Mathguy64
AG
One way or the other that mess after the Mata foul was handled wrong. Herrera went down as though he was head butted. If he was that's a straight red to the Ajax player. It doesn't have to be a lot of contact but it's still a red. If there's no head butt you have to card Herrera for simulation. Can't have it both ways.
Mathguy64
AG
This last sub for Ajax looks like he's 16.
Thunder18
AG
Lingard has to at least get a shot off there
Mathguy64
AG
Defensively this has been superb. Herrera, Fellaini and Pogba have clogged up the middle all night long.
planoaggie123
AG
I don't like Rooney coming on. That means he is probably out next year, right?

I know he isn't close to what he was but I would love to see him have a spot on the bench for another year. I don't want to see him in another uniform...
Aggie_3
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME!!!!
Thunder18
AG
Great defensive performance considering our top 2 CBs are out, Fellaini gets MOTM for me, if only he played this way consistently
planoaggie123
AG
I got my 2 goal lead that I asked for....
byfLuger41
AG
I'm very happy for you ManU, the city and their supporters.

Congratulations!
Mathguy64
AG
Gotta say, for one match Jose knows how to set up a team.
ja86
datrixstunna
AG
Champions! Tactically disciplined victory!
planoaggie123
AG
Just saw an article on our seeding for Champions League and how its better by winning the Europa vs getting 4th place in Premier League...good thing!
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Just excited to see them back in the Champions League. hopefully this will be a boon to the summer transfer window
Mathguy64
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Just saw an article on our seeding for Champions League and how its better by winning the Europa vs getting 4th place in Premier League...good thing!
Looks like we are in pot 2. Spurs and LIverpool are in pot 3. If we had finished top 4 it looks like we would have been In pot 4. We will actually end up with a decent chance at a good draw out of it.
Mathguy64
AG

Terk
AG
Congrats to Manchester United for winning Europa League and bringing some light to the city in a very dark time!
datrixstunna
AG
Where is Dre? Wonder if he made it to the party
byfLuger41
AG
CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!!
bagger05
AG
GGMU!
planoaggie123
AG
This is now the #1 question.

Hope to get some updates and maybe even a picture or two of the scene....
Dre_00
One of the most surreal, intense experiences I've had. An estimated 250,000 people were in the Museumplein to watch the match. Every circle, square, or plaza was packed to beyond capacity. So I'm watching the game in this mass of humanity and I can't even cheer when United scores because I don't want to be "that guy" and get my face pounded by some drunk dude trying to make a point. First pic before the game. Second pic after the game. Most of my pics didn't come out great.

Skitch05
AG
GGMU! And I agree, Fellaini was MOTM for me as well.
Mathguy64
AG

The sign starts with the word "Zlatan,..."
Kramer
AG
Congrats on your self-proclaimed "Mickey Mouse Treble"
"The only happy Aggie is an unhappy Aggie." Shelby Metcalf
byfLuger41
AG
Wat?
Skitch05
AG
Thanks! Given the performance of the team over the last few years, this should be taken as a compliment. United have arguably had a better overall season than any PL team outside of Chelsea, regardless of FA Cup outcome.

And in reply to the Mickey Mouse Treble comment specifically, United has won more hardware this year than Liverpool have had in the last ten, so there's that. This definitely isn't the same United as it was back then, but at least it is trending in the right direction now.
Dre_00
What's wrong with Mickey Mouse?

Mickey Mouse treble better than no treble at all. And while it's been stated already, I too would argue that United's season was more successful than anyone not name Chelsea. That doesn't mean that they had a satisfactory season or that they are set up the best for success next year or even that they were the 2nd best team this year. But they were the most successful team outside of Chelsea.
datrixstunna
AG
Kramer said:

Is it salty in here or is it just me?
Aston94
AG
Kramer said:

If a Mickey Mouse Treble gets us into CL for next year, and gets an automatic spot in the group stage, then I will take it.

Definitely not the hardware this club wants to win, but it is a step in the right direction.
gambochaman
AG
congrats guys

just read it had been 1363 days since a non spanish club had won any continental hardware...good job!
byfLuger41
AG
WTF is Micky Mouse treb?!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.