Chelsea 2015-2016 Thread

86,664 Views | 1274 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As another season closes in the history of our beloved Chelsea FC, the same goes for the 2014-2015 thread.

We saw TSO guide us to our 4th league title and domestic double:

&

It was also his 8th trophy for the club:

Sadly, Drogba announced yesterday via IG that this would be his last match for The Chelsea. One can only assume that Cech is on his way out too.

&

Doing without The King and Mr. Church Bells will be tough, but I hope they continue their successful careers wherever they may go. Seeing Yokohama across our chest will be another adjustment.

Moving forward, we need another ST...BAD! Let the transfer games begin, let RA break out the checkbook and please dear lord let TSO bring more hardware to the pride of London!

Older threads:

byfLuger41
AG
Kramer
AG
In: Nathan
Falcao
Begovic
Rahman
Pedro

Out: Drogba
Kakuta
Cech
Luis
byfLuger41
AG
I want Griezmann.
Kramer
AG
I think a major factor on who we bring in is who we're willing to let go. Like Griez. However, I don't want to lose Oscar. Willian has been the glue to hold everything together, so it would be disasterous to lose him.

Lots of rumors around Filipe Luis. However, we need to start planning for the departure of Terry and Cahill, so even though Zouma has emerged, I like the depth with Luis on the squad. However, he may want out.
byfLuger41
AG
Oscar + cash for Pogba would be okay with me. Seems as though this is pretty realistic.

I wouldn't miss Luis the least bit. He's more serviceable than Bosingwa ever was, but still not my favorite.
Kramer
AG
For Pogba, OK. But that seems to have cooled as every major club is keen to land him. Someone will throw an enormous amount of cash to get him. I expect Man U to spend between 150-200 pounds this summer. I don't think Chelsea spend near that.

So, what's the plan if Terry/Cahill get hurt? That's what happens to old people.
Serotonin
AG
JJ Watt + Chelsea
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
So, what's the plan if Terry/Cahill get hurt? That's what happens to old people.

Terry will never get hurt. He's immortal.
KY AG
AG
Pogba is going to be another Balotelli - no thanks.

There were murmurings that De Bruyne could be coming back.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Pogba is going to be another Balotelli - no thanks.

There were murmurings that De Bruyne could be coming back.

I couldn't disagree more.

Wouldn't mind a 2nd spell of KDB.
byfLuger41
AG
Effing brilliant.

Like a boss.
KY AG
AG
It's clear Pogba is talented, but the way he left ManU and dissed Sir Alex makes me think he's got some issues. Plus he announced today he only wants to go to Real or Barca.

I still would like to see Cavani in Chelsea blue. With our history of working with PSG, perhaps we can make that happen this summer.
texagbeliever
With zlatan calling it quits i doubt psg gets rid of the italian torres.
byfLuger41
AG
Bingo!

Cavani, no thanks.

Give me Griezmann or give me death.
Serotonin
AG
TSO:
Kramer
AG
Lots of signs pointing to Falcao.

And I saw one source saying Griez was a done deal to Chelsea.
byfLuger41
AG
Community Shield this August is gonna be good!
Gigem Trevas
Serotonin
Kramer
AG
Well, Griez has said he's happy in Madrid, so that doesn't look like it's happening.
Gigem Trevas
Benitez to Madrid.
Joe Cole
I don't want Cavani and I have never understood the fascination with him

I think Luis is serviceable in his role and is a luxury as a backup. We were fortunate this year that Ivan or Cesar never got hurt for long periods of time

It's certainly going to be interesting to see if we make a big move. Oscar's time could be short...
Kramer
AG
New rumors of Zouma leaving. Yuck.
gougler08
AG
quote:
Community Shield this August is gonna be good!
Looking forward to it
Kramer
AG
Cuardado also appears outbound.
byfLuger41
AG
Highly doubt Zouma is gone!? What is your source.
Old School Rucking
AG
Kramer,

Don't get sucked in by all the tabloid rumors. Most of those reports are total rubbish designed to generate web hits. Chelsea has 120MM to spend within FFP, and we are going to be connected to every big time player in world football. It's going to be an exciting ride. We will certainly land a big fish, but I don't want or expect wholesale changes.

Zouma is the next Marcel Desailly, and he isn't headed anywhere except our starting XI when John Terry retires.

Today's comments by Mourinho and Griezmann are pure old fashioned gamesmanship. There's been a lot of buzz around this deal, and both parties want to retain as much leverage as possible. I still think there's a better than 50/50 chance that we see Griezmann in Chelsea blue next season.
Kramer
AG
@ChelsTransfer: President Ferrero also revealed he is in advanced negotiations for Chelsea's 20-year-old French defender Zouma #CFC (http://t.co/ffs5VUATma)
KY AG
AG
Jose -

quote:
"My first target this summer is done," he said at the launch of the new BT Sport European football channel. "That is to keep the players I want to keep. In other seasons, I was happy to sell players, even if
they were obviously good players. Not this summer. "I keep Hazard, Matic, Fabregas, Diego -- all these important guys. That is the first start."

http://www.espnfc.us/soccer-transfers/story/2484882/jose-mourinho-chelsea-target-was-keeping-main-stars
Kramer
AG
Thoughts on Manea?

Also disappointed to hear Remy wanting to talk to West Ham.
Kramer
AG
Falcao appears over the line.

As much as we need a striker, I'm not sure how good a move this is. I'm sure TSO will get the best out of him, but he looked lost at ManU.
byfLuger41
AG
Yeah I'm not too thrilled about the move either.

In TSO I trust.
byfLuger41
AG
Schedule for next season is out. First 6 weeks is pretty stiff.

Away to City and Arsenal.

gougler08
AG
quote:
Falcao appears over the line.

As much as we need a striker, I'm not sure how good a move this is. I'm sure TSO will get the best out of him, but he looked lost at ManU.
He looked more than lost during the matches I saw...but he'll just play backup to Costa so not a big deal for y'all (unless Costa goes down)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.