Chelsea 2011-2012 Thread

13,214 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Terk
Terk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Perhaps Abramovich wasn't too wise to sack Ancelotti... that grass isn't always greener!

[This message has been edited by Terk (edited 11/30/2011 3:20p).]
wangus12
AG
THIS THREAD WILL BE EPICCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tilznit 04
AG
quote:
Perhaps Abramovich wasn't too wise to run off Mourinho

fixt
Enzo The Baker
AG
Match is on ESPN2 at 645am on saturday.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Torres better start stepping up. Drogba won't be here next season. I didn't get to see the match yesterday. How did Lukaku look?
chunt75
I'm Chelsea till I die.
I'm Chelsea till I die.
I know I am.
I'm sure I am.
I'm Chelsea till I die.

I've been waiting for this thread a while.
byfLuger41
AG
Ugh at this thread! Terk are you pro or anti Blues?
tilznit 04
AG
3-0 Blues over the toon. Score doesn't tell the story as newcastle had plenty of chances.
chunt75
Whew...that result had me terrified until about the 85th, when I realized we were probably going to pull it out. Torres doesn't score, so we paid way too much, but the chances created, especially with the rest of a lethal attack, are exceptionally valuable as well. He's more mature than I remember him in his days with Liverpool.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Great win. Nice to see a clean sheet. Mata did a lot of good things. They need to keep giving him touches. And Terry finally looked to be with it today.
LondonOllie
I read this on a Chelsea Forum and had to chuckle...

I hate manchester(s)

"As if the annoying Reds are not enough, the obscenity of middle east oil grubs is making the rest of us doing the chasing so early in the season........"
Terk
AG
PRO BLUES *****!

Ugly win today, still playing loosey goosey on D. AVB needs to shore that up. Agreed that Mata looked good, he really can setup some chances from anywhere on the field... love watching him work. Unfortunately I saw the score before watching the recording, so I knew we won it. At about 80' I was thinking "did I see the wrong score?"

Torres still rips my guts out... hoping to see him continue to improve and put it on net. Seemed like he was headed that way earlier in the year before his idiot red.

tilznit - truer words were never spoken. sigh.
Terk
AG
Here we go! Let's get this game off right. Drogba strikes. nice feed from Mata!!
Terk
AG
and less than 2 mins later, Alba hits the **** post! He had that one gift wrapped by Sturridge who was taking a dang nap.
Terk
AG
and a goal from Ramires at 22'

Valencia controlling the ball waaaaaaay more than I would like to see. 2-0 is a good lead though. Of course this **** defense could give that up inside 3 mins.

[This message has been edited by Terk (edited 12/6/2011 2:17p).]
tilznit 04
AG
any live feeds going on?
Terk
AG
No, getting highlights and listening to the stream.

Will be on Foxsoccer at 5PM CST, though.
byfLuger41
AG
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/

YES we do have live feeds if you're unable to watch it on the tele.

The site above has all the games and even most cup games. Add it to your favorites and never ask if there is a live feed again! jk!
byfLuger41
AG
Blues up 2-0 HT
Terk
AG
Drogba gets #2!!!

Thanks for the link to the feed, I'll check that out soon.
BBRex
AG
Drogba playing great.
tilznit 04
AG
yeah I was at teh work and didn't want to do the leg work lol. Thanks for the link!
BBRex
AG
Any way this contract issue gets worked out and Drogba stays?
Dre_00
quote:
"As if the annoying Reds are not enough, the obscenity of middle east oil grubs is making the rest of us doing the chasing so early in the season........"

Enzo The Baker
AG
quote:
Any way this contract issue gets worked out and Drogba stays?

Doesn't look like it. He just refused a one year extension and looks like he wants to go elsewhere. And it doesn't look like Chelsea wants to give him a longterm deal.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/989733/didier-drogba-rejects-new-chelsea-deal-for-final-payday?cc=5901

Good win today.

Enzo The Baker
AG
Hopefully they can take a lot away from these two shut outs and have confidence going into Monday's big match. I love the way Sturridge is playing. You think we'll see Lampard benched again?
Terk
AG
Who the heck knows? With Essien out, I have been wondering if AVB was going to feature Meireles or not.

Lampard is a king around London (err... parts of it) but he works best with DD and Anelka. With Anelka and Alex not training, I wonder if that plays into it.

AVB seems to like speed and seems to lean towards youth, but I am still learning about him.

[This message has been edited by Terk (edited 12/7/2011 7:48a).]
byfLuger41
AG
Drogba, Anelka and Alex are all gone in January. There is no way we will let Drogba leave in May for free. No way...

I would love it if Kalou and Obi left as well.

It seems like all of the older guys have issues with accepting a new style of play because they have the "he'll (AVB) get sacked in 2 months anyway, why should we follow his instructions if a new coach is soon to arrive" mentality. This was caused by RA's previous 'happy sacking' actions...

[This message has been edited by Smith&Co1970 (edited 12/7/2011 10:39p).]
Enzo The Baker
AG
What makes you think DD will be transferred this season?

[This message has been edited by ItalAggie (edited 12/7/2011 10:05p).]
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
What makes you think DD will be transferred this season?

He wants more £££! It would be stupid if we let him go on a free transfer in May and since he will not agree to our current offer it leads me to believe that he will be gone.

Another indication of his departure IMO is the amount of playing time he is seeing as of recent. I think we are showcasing him for a future sale!

FWIW, this is all just my personal interpretation...
Enzo The Baker
AG
Damn. They are about to be really thin at striker. I know Drogba has taken Lukaku under his wing. Hopefully he's been taking notes because he is going to have to contribute.
byfLuger41
AG
Did you forget about Sturridge and Torres? We may need one more as a back up but i'm fine with those 3...
Enzo The Baker
AG
I know. And Sturridge has been playing terrific. I'm just thinking in terms of insurance if one of them goes down.
byfLuger41
AG
Agreed. You never know with this club. I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped the £88 for Hulk in January!
Kampfers
AG
Anelka to Shanghai? Ok...

Big game this afternoon to get some points in the league. On ESPN2 if anyone wants to watch

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.